Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
airair
airair began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Can't get books into calibre

I've just got my first e reader and have downloaded Calibre today. I watched the video and am now trying to get some books into calibre. I'm using Vista and have a number of books in my documents that are not in Epub and I would like to convert them before putting them into Kobo.
I've followed the directions by selecting the add books button and bringing up the file in my documents. When I hit open nothing happens. I tried click and drag but no luck there. Can anyone help in simple terms?:
Thanks.
airair is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I would post this question in the Mobileread Calibre forum. Plenty of help for you there.

If you are trying to convert from one format to another, are the original ebooks DRM protected? If they are, the Calibre cannot convert them. The DRM needs to be removed first and if that is the case Google is your friend.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, airair

Here is the link for the Calibre forum......

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote