Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
sandki
sandki began at the beginning.

Device: sony erader pocket
screen fault

Got a couple of problems

While reading a book the screen on my reader seemed to take in imprint of the page i was reading. The top right corner of the screen has the imprint of some words still on it. I have tried the reset button but that didnt change anything. Should I try and reformat the reader or is the screen just broken? I have had it for nearly 2 years without any problems.

Also recently after charging the reader it has taken a long time to load up after disconnecting from comp.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
sandki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
It's hard to say what is wrong with the screen without being able to see it. Can you post a pic?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
sandki

hopefully you can see the pic, thanks for help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reader.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	490.9 KB
ID:	74130  
Old 07-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
MRW
MRW began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505 600
Hi Sanki,
looks like the ink panel is mechanical broken. This is a huge expensive repair
MRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
sandki

just my luck for it to be something expensive, its annoying that it has happened, i am always careful with the reader.
Looks like i will be saving up for a new one
Old 07-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The substrate is cracked. Definitely time to buy a new ereader.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
sandki

thanks for info.
guess i should start looking for another one
Old 07-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
How old is it ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:45 AM   #9
sandki

i will have had it for 2 years in october, not sure if its still under warrenty, need to find receipts
Old 07-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandki View Post
i will have had it for 2 years in october, not sure if its still under warrenty, need to find receipts
It wouldn't be under warranty unless you bought the extended one.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
sandki

no i didnt extend the warranty, will just have to put up with the screen till i can get a new one