Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
fayede
fayede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Mandatory Inatroduction

Hi all, just received a Kindle 2 yesterday and am delighted. Still learning it and thinking maybe I need some help. I downloaded 1984 from a free site, it is stored in my documents. How do I get it off the computer and onto the Kindle. Thanks for any help. fayede
fayede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi and Welcome to the forum.

There are two ways. Copy the file to your Kindle using your USB connection. Or, email the file to your Kindle's email address and turn on Whispernet.

This assumes of course that you have a Mobipocket or Text version of the book.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi fayede and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
fayede
fayede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Mandatory Introduction

Thanks pilotbob. Before I get too snarled up is an AZW file a text file? Faye
fayede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayede View Post
Thanks pilotbob. Before I get too snarled up is an AZW file a text file? Faye
.azw is a Kindle book format. So you should be good to go, just copying it to the Kindle's documents folder. (I think it is documents folder.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert