Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Jamethiel
Jamethiel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ereader
Old version of K4PC Not Loading?

Hello,

Anyone else run into the problem of their old version of kindle for PC no longer loading? (I was using 1.4.1)

For some reason I was unable to get it to load. So uninstall -reinstall - repeat - and it still won't open up. When I reinstall it, it does not open up and give me the option to register.

The newest version appears to work fine, but I want to stick with the old one...

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Jamethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I've seen the same issue in the last couple of weeks.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Jamethiel

Have you been able to get the old version to work?

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Thought it was just me! Somethings happened and I dont want the new version either!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
There are several threads on this here. So please search but the answer is no you have to upgrade to the latest version due to a mistake from the programmer when K4PC was moved out of beta. As of July 21st all older versions expired.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Help me, Apprentice Alf... you're my only hope.

I'm sure the real reason is the ability to remove DRM with the older versions.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I'm sure the real reason is the ability to remove DRM with the older versions.
The tools still work with the new version of K4PC.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
hwlester
Wizard

A couple of months ago I tried the latest version as well as several older versions and the tools would not launch the app.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #9
Jamethiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The tools still work with the new version of K4PC.
Did you have to install new tools or ? I was not able to get it to work with the new version.

Thanks!!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamethiel View Post
Did you have to install new tools or ? I was not able to get it to work with the new version.

Thanks!!
Version 5.1 of the tools, which has been out for months. There are folks that post at the place where you get the tools that might be of help.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
hwlester
Wizard

I'll check my version of the tools. I thought I had the latest version... I checked a couple of months ago on Apprentice Alf's site and they didn't look like they were updated.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It helps to keep everything up to date K4PC, Calibre....etc to have a healthy eBook library.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
Jamethiel

That worked! I updated the tools and am back to reading. Thanks all for the help!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #14
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I'll check my version of the tools. I thought I had the latest version... I checked a couple of months ago on Apprentice Alf's site and they didn't look like they were updated.
Wow, my tools were majorly outdated: 3.3 from February 2011. I know I went looking for updated tools a couple of months ago. I must not have been looking hard enough or looking in the wrong place. Got 5.1 now... Looks like the tools have changed significantly so I'll need to learn how to use them again.