Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #16
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Yes, and kudos to Baen for picking up the Liaden books. Love, love, love.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #17
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
When you buy an ebook, you are agreeing to the terms of the license. One of the terms, when you bought it, was that you that could lend it to one other person. So how can they take that away? Seems really wrong. I would try to get your money back for the book.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #18
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
When you buy an ebook, you are agreeing to the terms of the license. One of the terms, when you bought it, was that you that could lend it to one other person. So how can they take that away? Seems really wrong. I would try to get your money back for the book.

eP
Well if that's the case I should get my money back for a lot of books because when I bought a lot of them Warner etc. were still allowing lending too!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post

eP
I'm sure there's a clause allowing them to change the rules any time they want. There usually is.

The best way to fight this is to quit buying their products - boycott 'em.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #20
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
The problem is, when I buy books, I choose them based on what I want to read, not the publisher's policies! Now obviously if one of them were running a slave gulag, I'd have to reconsider, but generally if I can't read it free otherwise (library, promotion) and want the book at the price it's offered, I'll buy it.

I love Baen so much I want to marry them, but Jo Walton doesn't write for them, for starters.
Unfortunately true. But, OTOH, I had never read any Eric Flint, and the Baen Free Library let me try 1632 and I'm HOOKED. And I'm now going through and re-reading all the Liaden Universe books. And you know, I suspect I can wait a long time before I run out of books to read that I want to read. But if I do, perhaps I'll look at a TOR author. But then again, perhaps not. Or perhaps by then they'll wake up and smell the roses. Or, wait, was that a porcine aviator I just saw?
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert