Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Romance Recommendations

I'm starting to get back in to reading romances (lol) and I was wondering if anyone had any good romance recommendations?
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
What kind of romance do you like? Historical -XIX setting-? Medieval? Western? Contemporary? Paranormal? Inspirational? Humor? What steam level?

After this we talk about plot and characters
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 02:16 AM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
I'm starting to get back in to reading romances (lol) and I was wondering if anyone had any good romance recommendations?
At Smashwords:
Patricia Ryan writes medieval(ish? My knowledge of history is pathetic) historicals & mysteries (also, she's a semi-regular here at MR); I've loved all her books.

Alexis Harrington writes Western/US frontier-era historicals (again, forgive me if I've mangled the dates), although not always set in those locations. I bought one on a recommendation from a blog, and went back to buy several more.

Leigh Michaels writes modern romances; I read two free ones during read-an-ebook-week (Taming a Tycoon and A Matter of Principal), and liked them both very much. They had very different types of settings and characters; I'm looking forward to finding out how far her range stretches.

Ellen O'Connell hasn't written much, but is on my "just buy EVERYTHING as soon as it's released" list. Sing My Name is going to be a favorite re-read, and I wasn't sure about Rottweiler Rescue--I mean, DOG book, and not a romance, but I really REALLY loved her other two so I decided to try the sample--and by the end of the first chapter, I was hooked.

What kind of romances are you looking for? Modern, historical, extra-steamy, light-and-fun? Paranormal? NOT paranormal?
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:18 AM   #4
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like historical, medieval, fantasy/paranormal-ish ( not a fan of wolves or vampires but anything else is good), steamy is good lol and modern.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
I like historical, medieval, fantasy/paranormal-ish ( not a fan of wolves or vampires but anything else is good), steamy is good lol and modern.
How can you not like Vampires!?!

There goes my Black Dagger Brotherhood suggestion! Although,to be fair, they're not your typical vampires. If I remember correctly, the only traits they share with the common folklore is that they can not go out in the sun. Each book is a separate love story, within a much bigger storyline. The vampires are at war, but not with the humans (no, there are no werewolves). My explanation is not doing it justice, but I hope you give it a try anyway. The first book is called Dark Lover.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
amazon usually offers many free romance ebooks, as well as other sites
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
amy.
amy. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
For Regency romance, I enjoyed Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah Maclean.
amy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #8
MorganM
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
How can you not like Vampires!?!

There goes my Black Dagger Brotherhood suggestion! Although,to be fair, they're not your typical vampires. If I remember correctly, the only traits they share with the common folklore is that they can not go out in the sun. Each book is a separate love story, within a much bigger storyline. The vampires are at war, but not with the humans (no, there are no werewolves). My explanation is not doing it justice, but I hope you give it a try anyway. The first book is called Dark Lover.
I will take a look anyway. Thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
I will take a look anyway. Thanks
Cool! I really do think you will enjoy them; they are dark, modern & sexy.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote