Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 06:21 AM   #1
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
US Touch - used to work, now won't connect

A long time ago (2012) when Kindle models were either launched late or didn't appear at all in the UK I must have obtained a Kindle Touch through some American friends or a US trip.

Then I upgraded to a PaperWhite, then a new PaperWhite, then an Oasis.

Today, I want to use the old Touch for a camping trip, but I cannot get it to register to my UK account. Amazon.com have spent over an hour firstly trying to get it working, then coming up with increasingly complicated ways to make it up to me! (they have no idea why it does not work).

Anyone had a similar issue?

Anyone still happily using a US Touch on their .co.uk account?

Thanks!
amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:09 AM   #2
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
You most likely need to upgrade the firmware to the latest version.

If it's this model:
https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Touch-.../dp/B005890G8Y

Then get the latest firmware here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200790650

Otherwise, find your model here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200529680

More info:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202048000

Last edited by JimmyR; 10-15-2018 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Add information
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Thank you very much!

The agent went thought the software version with me and said I was up to date. from the link you sent I saw that the Kindle would only allow me to update it if I had placed a newer BIN file on the device than the one already there, so thought I would try your suggestion anyway.

It worked!

Thanks
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #4
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Excellent. Glad that solved your problem.

JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote