Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #376
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Oasis KOA FW 5.13.3 JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's indeed potentially weird as hell (and would potentially move the blame to KUAL itself?).

You can try without gawk on the off-chance you're hitting a weird corner-case?
Well, nothing left to try but to Re-jailbreak.

1) I used all Terminal commands to decompress/extract ("tar -xvf"), remove ("rm -dvR"), and copy ("cp -pvR") all installers and files. This would rule out Keka and other weird corner cases.

2) I ran KUAL without gawk.

3) I reinstalled Python after everything else was installed.

LS (Calibre Plugin) only works through kterm. Print Battery/Device ID need multiple presses to write to the screen, and Backdoor Lock won't clear the screen. Minor things like adding black bars to the cover mode don't work either.

@knc1 noted this is operator error but I haven't hacked anything and have done this numerous times on two different kindles. Never bricked them and understand the workflow well.

It's like this version of KUAL isn't talking to the extensions correctly. Maybe I should try an older version of KUAL on this KOA with 5.8.5
picree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #377
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@picree: You can try the patched booklet build of KUAL if that's not already the case, in case it's another weird Oasis quirk.

Or another FW version, but I have no idea what's considered a good milestone on the KOA... (The final 5.8.x build, maybe?)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-08-2018 at 10:23 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:06 PM   #378
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@picree: You can try the patched booklet build of KUAL if that's not already the case, in case is another weird Oasis quirk.
Where would I find that? I'm using the latest snapshot 2.7.11 Jul 6th.

Never mind. I found it.

Thanks

Last edited by picree; 08-08-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #379
picree
Connoisseur

Used the .bin unistaller for 2.7.11 and the .bin installer for the patched KUAL. The patched booklet build behaved the same. Found it here.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:03 AM   #380
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, that's the one. Then I'm out of ideas, which leaves the easy, grumpy FW explanation .
Old 09-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #381
picree
Connoisseur

Which LibrarianSync from GitHub would be the recommended version to build and install? Barsanuphe? or Niluje?
Old 09-21-2018, 12:22 AM   #382
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@picree: Both are in sync right now, so, go with the original one .
Old 09-25-2018, 07:56 PM   #383
picree
Connoisseur

Follow up:

Updating my KOA from 5.8.5 to 5.8.11 fixed the problem with "Device ID" and "Print Battery Status" not printing to the screen reliably. Note: I have installed all the latest builds from @NiLuJe snapshots. I have all of them installed except Dummy and Downgrader.

After upgrading to 5.8.11 I installed kindle-python-0.15.N-r15434.tar.xz instead of kindle-python-0.14.N-r13420.tar.xz. Now, I could not get librariansync to work from either KUAL or kterm. With 0.14 I could at least get LS to work with kterm. Reading the text on the screen in kterm indicates there is a dependency issue with urllib3 (dev) or chardet (3.0.4). I downgraded back to kindle-python-0.14.N-r13420.tar.xz and librariansync works both from kterm and KUAL.

So everything seems to work fine now. Any thoughts on the dependency issue in the 0.15 package of python 2.7?
Old 09-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #384
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I may indeed have bungled a few of the third party Python modules LS depends on, I'll double-check .

EDIT: Yep, requests was broken for the last month or so. My bad, I completely forgot to check :/.
I'll push fixed snapshots later tonight, once everything's finished rebuilding .

EDIT²: Current snapshots should now work properly. The warning is still there, though, but there's a new build on the way to silence it .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-27-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #385
picree
Connoisseur

Super! Thanks for being on top of it! After over a year it is nice for me to get it all working again.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:28 PM   #386
NiLuJe
BLAM!

There, the latest snapshots now have a perfectly sane requests setup, that doesn't complain about dependencies (and, more importantly, actually imports without blowing up ;p).
Old 09-28-2018, 05:45 PM   #387
picree
Connoisseur

All seems well with the latest builds. Thanks again.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #388
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Thanks for bringing that up, I was *convinced* I'd tested requests :/.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:34 AM   #389
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Using Kindle Basic 2014 (KT2)

Okay. Recently I have been using the recent version of LibrarianSync. Prior to this, I ran into a bug where whenever I update my collections, there would be no indication whatsoever on whether or not it had finished creating/updating collections. I'd had the little words at the bottom saying: "Updating collections (from Calibre)..." and then it's basically me waiting for ten minutes or so until it snaps to screensaver and hope it actually updates. (It does btw)

Then I used the recent build and it actually SHOWED the words: LibrarianSync updating... followed by It's complete (time it took to complete it). I was quite happy, and then I updated KOreader and that little indication won't show up anymore.

I removed KOreader but and even reinstalled librariansync (deleted and pasted back the proper files) but still the indication text does not return. Am not sure wtf I did or updated but am not willing to go through reinstalling KUAL again to see if it worked or not.

Does anyone run into this? And can anyone help? Thanks.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:15 PM   #390
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The two are entirely orthogonal (LS and KOReader, I mean), so I'm afraid it's most likely a case of PEBCAK: you somehow did something wrong somewhere, and it's going to be pretty hard to psychic debug that one in your place .

I can only say that, yeah, with a non-git version of LS, you'd probably end up with broken status printing, so, that, at least was to be expected .

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync