Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 02:31 AM   #46
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Right now the website doesn't have a manual, and it also doesn't have the GPL source coded that they used (they admit they use Linux on it).

I contacted Interead about the source, and if the fonts can be changed (I want a serif'ed font), but no response yet.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #47
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytrushkov View Post
Is this cover case is suitable for Cool-er?
Size is pretty match the same:
Cool-er: 183 x 117.74 x 10.89 mm
Havlin v3: 184 x 120.5 x 9.9 mm
I doubt it will work for the Cool-er. It works by gripping the square edge of the Hanlin device tightly - the Cool-er has a rounded edge and is a bit thicker, so the bits that actually hold the reader device in the cover won't work.

I think only a cover with corner straps like the M-edge ones would work. Or... find a - for example - gutted diary cover, and then use velcro to keep it in place (glue velcro on the back of the device and the inside of the diary cover).
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 08:12 AM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post
Of course not - that has been described before. Short recap: To use DRM you need the official SDK (Software Development Kit). Both Adobe and Mobipocket do not allow to install there DRM/SDK with any other DRM/SDK on the same device.

Martin
Not quite correct. Adobe allows other DRM on board. Hence why the 505 and 700 have two different DRM systems in place. One of them being Adobe's. It is Mobipocket that will not allow any other DRM on board. And that is why ePub will win and Mobipocket will tank.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #49
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got a response back last night from Interead. They said that right now it is not functional with Linux, due to a bug with mounting the Cool-er to a linux box. They're working on that.

Also, They've not released the source yet. Not cool.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #50
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
I got a response back last night from Interead. They said that right now it is not functional with Linux, due to a bug with mounting the Cool-er to a linux box. They're working on that.

Also, They've not released the source yet. Not cool.
What about the fonts? BTW, I think OI should work really good on Cool-ER (400MHz and 128 mb RAM)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #51
Carsten S
Carsten S began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G | COOL-ER
Got mine yesterday and already broke it- typical me

I did a format (MBR) FAT32 on the internal 1GB flash and now when it boots the thing only shows to items (folder called "Digital Editions" and a txt file "usb is connect...").

What was the former folders? maybe it will help making new ones..
Carsten S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #52
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten S View Post

I did a format (MBR) FAT32 on the internal 1GB flash and now when it boots the thing only shows to items (folder called "Digital Editions" and a txt file "usb is connect...").

Mine has: digital editions, my docs, my audio, free ebooks

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #53
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
it arrived

It arrived! Its here! Its so pretty!

Now the hard part... what format should I use for my primary one? I have stuff that I can convert, just gotta pick a format.

I love the color! It only came with the quickstart guide, but seems pretty easy to use so far.

You just need to drag and drop your files onto the cool-er. Though for someone not terribly used to computers I can see how it could be a problem figuring it out.

Amy

Last edited by sassanik; 07-16-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: added pictures!
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #54
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
mtravellerh: could you send me a macrophoto or a scan of your cool er displaying one of my test pictures? Thanks
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:54 AM   #55
xtreamcool
xtreamcool began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-er
Angry Cool-er crashed

I may have had a similar problem.

I renamed the folders and copied something over. And now the reader will no longer let me modify any folder names or contents. Whenever I attempt to, it automatically restarts.

Also whenever I want to go back to the library page from a book reading. It hangs there forever.

I guess the wisdom is not to change any of the file structure then....

I am really frustrated. Emailed them and see what they say.

Any luck fixing yours?

Quote:

xtreamcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #56
Hellmark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
What about the fonts? BTW, I think OI should work really good on Cool-ER (400MHz and 128 mb RAM)
The guy didn't mention it.

Quote:
Hi Keith,

Thanks for contacting CoolReaders.

The COOL-ER runs on an internal Linux system and as yet we haven’t had a
chance to resolve a significant quirk transferring books from Linux to
Linux although this is something our technical team is investigating.

The source code will be available on our website in the near future.

I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Sean

CoolReaders Customer Services
Old 07-17-2009, 02:49 AM   #57
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
So of the big three DRM providers (MobiPocket, Adobe, eReader) only MobiPocket requires DRM exclusivity.
Well I stand corrected. Thanks.

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:54 AM   #58
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Hum netronix software seems to be a really good product :/
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:25 AM   #59
Carsten S
Carsten S began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G | COOL-ER
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreamcool View Post
I may have had a similar problem.

I renamed the folders and copied something over. And now the reader will no longer let me modify any folder names or contents. Whenever I attempt to, it automatically restarts.

Also whenever I want to go back to the library page from a book reading. It hangs there forever.

I guess the wisdom is not to change any of the file structure then....

I am really frustrated. Emailed them and see what they say.

Any luck fixing yours?
No unfortunately. If someone could take an image of the flash drive we might could get it working again - I guess we won't be the last ones to attempt changing /clean up the folder structure...

I'm on a mac and there was also a problem with ejecting the drives, they remounted in few seconds again.

Otherwise I think it is a great product
Carsten S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #60
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
No unfortunately. If someone could take an image of the flash drive we might could get it working again - I guess we won't be the last ones to attempt changing /clean up the folder structure...

I'm on a mac and there was also a problem with ejecting the drives, they remounted in few seconds again.

Otherwise I think it is a great product
Oh, I already have tons of books on mine and had no problems at all. I haven't made a backup of the original state, sorry!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote