Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-29-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
Claghorn
Claghorn began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Linux window position shifts

calibre-3.1.1-1.fc26.x86_64 on fedora 26 linux.

I think this started happening when calibre started using Qt5. It tries to save the window position in ~/.config/calibre/gui.py main_window_geometry, but that geometry doesn't seem to take the window decorations into account (I'm using fvwm as window manager).

As a result, every time it starts, it shifts up and left till the decorations are off the screen.

I currently fix this by using a perl script to replace the main_window_geometry with one I saved, so it will always start in the same place, but that seems silly.

If pyqt can't do this right, any chance we could get some advanced "window shift" setting so we could manually set the window decoration width and have calibre correct the geometry by that amount on startup?
Claghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:43 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid I am not going to add settings to calibre to wrok around issues between window managers and Qt. But you are welcome to run from source as described int he user manual in which case this is a one line patch.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2017, 06:40 PM   #3
Claghorn
Claghorn began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Looks like someone fixed Qt5 at some point. I've been running for a long time with my silly script, but I just tried things without it to start testing what goes wrong, and the window no longer shifts! Sorry to waste your time.
Claghorn is offline   Reply With Quote