Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
andsoitgoes
andsoitgoes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo touch battery type, charging methods, chargers, memory?

Hi all,

Got my wife a touch for her birthday last October and it's been a dream so far. I can't read on my iPad anymore without pining for the eInk screen

But I have a few questions about the battery on the touch, as there is no information on it in any of the specs.

Is the battery NiMh or Lithium Ion? Has anyone noticed a memory with the battery? And as for chargers, I've used standard USB wall chargers for pretty much everything, but I saw on the kobo site that it suggests a 500ma charger, the one I use is 800 (.8ma).

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

Thanks all

Nick
andsoitgoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
BWinmill
Nameless Being

To answer a couple of your questions:

Lithium Ion

An 800 mA charger is just fine.
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
AFAIK there is no battery memory issues.
I think the Touch actually wants 800 vs 500 (500 was the older 2 versions) but from what I understand it's more important to be at or above the required than to be exactly what it asks for.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote