Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #61
dare
dare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars
Hi engyroz, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by engyroz View Post
Why doesn't it show up when I search for it on the prs-t1?
It seems to be treated as not being compatible when I go to the market from the PC - it gives me the choice there to install to my two other Android devices, but not the T1. If this is the case, typically you cannot find apps from the market app of the affected device.
It could be because of the filter settings I never really understood. Plus, I do not know how compatibility is judged upon by the market - e.g. Opera Mobile was at one time shown as being not compatible, then again I could install it.
To solve it: sideload if possible.
dare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #62
engyroz
engyroz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
thank you dare
engyroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #63
greatdragon
greatdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Freeing more space.

Anyone tried removing the 8th partition "preload"
greatdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #64
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Hi guys,

I want to get rid of Link2D crutch too. I just need couple of apps like Kindle, CoolReader, Nook etc. to get install. I'm beginer in this stuff and I've read that this procedure is not for biginners. With all of your help I still want to try. Before asking specific techincal questions, I need to get rough outline of what's needs to be done and I'd start to follow. Anybody so kind?
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #65
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Well... it should be possible to create an SD recovery image that will do it all... I just don't have the time (and motivation) for that...
Maybe you've changed your mind? Would be great if you could do that!
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #66
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
giosa
Take a look at Russian forum you used to read I just got standard Android's Apps2SD functionality working - and I have latest Kindle and Nook on my reader without any woody movements involved - there are screenshots there which do not need transslation.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #67
matteos72
Enthusiast
matteos72 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post
Maybe I did something wrong, but the Android Market search included in the ZIP-File didn't return many apps. Most of the important apps just weren't showing, although the search result count was 1.000+ ...

I made a new package, which you can download here: http://cme.at/android-market-prs-t1

It contains the newer Gingerbread-Market, which works fine for me. (Got it from XDA-Dev)

The only downside: It's twice the size of the froyo market.
hello thanks for this package it works. But I cannot find with this version of market the Amazon's Kindle applet: do you know why?
thanks in advance!
matteos72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #68
matteos72
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0534ng31 View Post
It was me but I did it to late in the night (no time to register)... And it was not important (I give credit to the original tester/creator)

Anyway... Someone (after me) deleted the two notes about possible errors... The most important was:
You can only install applications to the internal memory and not to the external SD (assumed you know how to do it! )

EDIT:
The original error info is in the wiki, but in the wrong place... I will correct it!

EDIT2:
Done!

hello
I tried with your files and it works. Thanks. Did you try to search and install Amazon's Kindle applet? I tried but the android_market after had downloaded the 8,3 Mb tell me "download failed: retry". I removed a lot of applications, now I have 25 Mb of free space, but no way to download and install the kindle applet from the market. I do not think it is a problem of free space.

thanks in advance for your help.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #69
giosa
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
giosa
Take a look at Russian forum you used to read I just got standard Android's Apps2SD functionality working - and I have latest Kindle and Nook on my reader without any woody movements involved - there are screenshots there which do not need transslation.
rupor
I already tried it. It's awesome, but it made my Sony unstable. Namely, when I use Calibre to upload books to eReader, on disconnecting from PC (I do safe disconnect from PC tray) SD card and external SD didn't mount properly. As a result all books on the reader disappeared with all apps on SD card as well. To fix it I had to reboot or connect eReader back to PC. That's why I disabled it back. It's pity as I thought I would get rid of Link2SD crutch. I'm watching your thread on the-ebook.org forum, if problems go away I'll definitely use it. Thank you again for the great AMR and I liked your move towards Kindle and Nook apps.

Last edited by giosa; 03-15-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #70
giosa
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos72 View Post
hello
I tried with your files and it works. Thanks. Did you try to search and install Amazon's Kindle applet? I tried but the android_market after had downloaded the 8,3 Mb tell me "download failed: retry". I removed a lot of applications, now I have 25 Mb of free space, but no way to download and install the kindle applet from the market. I do not think it is a problem of free space.

thanks in advance for your help.
You can get Kinlde app from here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55206676/com...kindle_542.apk
Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #71
matteos72
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
thanks
done.
Works

I am still amazed to see that there is not a simple way to have a working market on a rooted PRS-T1 (because or the market does not see the applets, or it cannot download for whatever reason etc..)
In this forum there are a lot of people complaining about the fact the market does not really work as expected.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #72
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
rupor
I already tried it. It's awesome, but it made my Sony unstable. Namely, when I use Calibre to upload books to eReader, on disconnecting from PC (I do safe disconnect from PC tray) SD card and external SD didn't mount properly. As a result all books on the reader disappeared with all apps on SD card as well. To fix it I had to reboot or connect eReader back to PC. That's why I disabled it back. It's pity as I thought I would get rid of Link2SD crutch. I'm watching your thread on the-ebook.org forum, if problems go away I'll definitely use it. Thank you again for the great AMR and I liked your move towards Kindle and Nook apps.
Can you collect logs from your device? Or you already uninstalled it? Would you be able to describe what to do to reproduce it? You are only second person seeing this - and I was not able reproduce it on my device so far...

Last edited by rupor; 03-15-2012 at 10:24 PM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #73
giosa
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
Can you collect logs from your device? Or you already uninstalled it? Would you be able to describe what to do to reproduce it? You are only second person seeing this - and I was not able reproduce it on my device so far...
I removed it, restored and installed AMR on cleared device. Sorry for no logs, but I can describe it. First thing that I noticed was delay in windows auto run window pop up. J: Settings window showed up immediately upon connection with PC and READER and external SD showed after 5-10 seconds. Prior Apps2SD all three pop-ups showed simultaneously. One more wired thing was that I: READER drive lost it's name READER and showed as Generic one like external SD. So all of this wired behavior seems to me interconnected. After Apps2SD removal I: READER partition get it's name back automatically.
The main problem was failure to remount READER and external SD partition after ending connection with Calibre. I used to have Links2SD installed but I removed it, all apps and EXT3 partition it created as well, before Apps2SD installation as per your instructions. That's it.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #74
arvenil
arvenil began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
BUT: this procedure is not for beginners... I'll better not write a wiki howto
Please make howto for dummies - without it I'm going to brick my reader:P I'm linux user who doesn't have problems with dd and fdisk but currently described steps here are to messy. I have no idea about basics! Do I need separate SD card? Can I repartition only using linux (no windows involved at all)? I've rooted it with http://sonyfmngr.sourceforge.net/prsT1.htm - should I restore it to stock version? "make a backup", "recreate update.img" - what are exact commands? Seriously, please write simple howto because me and probably many other people we will try anyway and we will make same mistakes and we will get "very useful" bricks Help us
arvenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #75
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
The search function would have revealed this for you:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...tition+manager
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...tition+manager
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...itioning_Guide
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote