Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-04-2015, 12:46 AM   #1
CrypticOne
CrypticOne began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Question Upgrading from the Demo version

I downloaded the demo--I LOVE it and plan to upgrade to the full version. My question is: Do I need to remove the demo first before installing the full version or will it just overwrite the demo? If the latter, will it also keep the changes to my settings in place?
CrypticOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:59 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for the kind words.

The demo version and full version are separate apps, with separate settings and a separate database. However, by default they share the same book folder (Calibre_Companion).

What I would do is backup CC's settings in the demo version, install the full version, then restore the settings into the full version. Connect the full version as a wireless device. CC will attempt to match the books in the book folder with those in the calibre library. Resend any that that the matching process gets wrong (this happens a lot for formats other than EPUB).

Once you are content with installation of the full version you can uninstall the demo version. This will not delete your books, but it will clean up the space used by the database and the app itself.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2015, 04:32 AM   #3
CrypticOne
CrypticOne began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Thanks! It worked perfectly!
CrypticOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, upgrade