Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Make sure you are looking up the "NEW" PW as they list both PW1 and PW2. I just checked again and no stores have them in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area. We have about 6.5 million people here so that is a huge market. I have noticed in the past that BB's online availability statements don't always match what the stores have or not have though. I think it was a few weeks after first shipments went out in 2012 before the BBs had them here.
Oh yes, I definitely am looking at the new one! Go to the Best Buy website page for the new PW2 and put in zip code 10012 and you'll see. Also put in some zip codes for Pennsylvania and New Jersey and many stores also have them there too. So unless their site is wildly inaccurate it seems many Best Buys do indeed have them in today.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Oh yes, I definitely am looking at the new one! Go to the Best Buy website page for the new PW2 and put in zip code 10012 and you'll see. Also put in some zip codes for Pennsylvania and New Jersey and many stores also have them there too. So unless their site is wildly inaccurate it seems many Best Buys do indeed have them in today.
Cool. Maybe we will get them down here in a week or so then.
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #18
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Cool. Maybe we will get them down here in a week or so then.
Hope so!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #19
crev
crev began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
I am excited that people are already getting their PW2. Mine should follow soon in the UK.

Just a question for you guys about the PW2's PDF readability and the web browser. I like to read PDFs but hate the reflective tablet screens, so the PW is ideal for me.
Do you mind giving your opinion on the PDFs and the web browser. Has it improved from the PW1, where it was sluggish and very annoying to use. If you have time, could you perhaps post a video about the PDF usage? I am burning to see whether it has improved.

Thanks in advance
crev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #20
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Things are looking good this time round
FWIW, there's a handful of reviews up on Amazon.com and so far no complaints about uneven screen or colour blotches.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #21
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Things are looking good this time round
FWIW, there's a handful of reviews up on Amazon.com and so far no complaints about uneven screen or colour blotches.
So glad to hear that! I hadn't even thought to check Amazon for reviews, silly me! haha.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #22
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Please one question.

Could you compare both screen with light off?. Is the new Paperwhite's screen whiter than old Paperwhite?

Thanks in advanced ;-)
I am curious about this too.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #23
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchamaco View Post
¿What's the new with footnotes?
footnotes now appear in a bubble rather than on some page at the end of he book
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #24
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I just checked reviews at the Amazon site. There are 11 five star reviews and 2 three star reviews for the PW 2013. Of course last year's model shows 10,939 five star reviews versus only 813 one star reviews.

I was totally satisfied with last year's model but always want the latest and greatest.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #25
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
That's awesome you got it so early! Did you select regular 2 day shipping speed with Amazon Prime? I chose 1 day and just called Amazon and they say mine has not shipped yet, but will ship later tonight. He assured me it would be here tomorrow, but I'm feeling a little doubtful now considering it definitely hasn't shipped. I guess I'll see what happens.
I chose Prime 2-day and tracking info indicated one-day delivery. An even better surprise to receive it today.

The display is what the first PW should have been. No blotchy color blobs, no uneven lighting, no light leaks around the perimeter, no "pin prick" leaks. The lighting is even, neither too cool or too warm and the text sharp. Although smaller, the display quality compares favorably to my Aura HD.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #26
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

I went and read the reviews on Amazon, but I am really mainly interested in what those who saw color blobs on last years model have to say about the new PW. Last year so many reviewers on Amazon did not see them and acted like those of us who did were crazy and just seeing things. Therefore, I take a lot of the reviews with a grain of salt.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #27
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I chose Prime 2-day and tracking info indicated one-day delivery. An even better surprise to receive it today.

The display is what the first PW should have been. No blotchy color blobs, no uneven lighting, no light leaks around the perimeter, no "pin prick" leaks. The lighting is even, neither too cool or too warm and the text sharp. Although smaller, the display quality compares favorably to my Aura HD.
It's awesome that you got it earlier than expected, I'm happy for you! Even better that you see none of the problems with the lighting like on last years! YAY!! I am sooo excited to get mine! Thanks for your impressions!!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #28
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
I will be on 23rd St tomorrow, it says the Best Buy there has them in stock. I wonder if they will have demo models set up. Because I am NOT getting one! I just got my PW in the summer! I will have to bring a black cape to check the light if they have demo models. Also, I see I had a chance to see the new model when Amazon was filming their new commercial. The "living room" where people are relaxing is right where I get out of the train. I saw something set up there, I thought it was a popup store but I didn't bother going to see what it was! I am too much the jaded New Yorker, it seems!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I will be on 23rd St tomorrow, it says the Best Buy there has them in stock. I wonder if they will have demo models set up. Because I am NOT getting one! I just got my PW in the summer! I will have to bring a black cape to check the light if they have demo models. Also, I see I had a chance to see the new model when Amazon was filming their new commercial. The "living room" where people are relaxing is right where I get out of the train. I saw something set up there, I thought it was a popup store but I didn't bother going to see what it was! I am too much the jaded New Yorker, it seems!

eP
Ha, too funny! And you really should go check the lighting with a black cape, just because wearing a black cape in Best Buy would be an awesome thing to do. lol. I know there's a Seinfeld episode in here somewhere.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #30
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
It's awesome that you got it earlier than expected, I'm happy for you! Even better that you see none of the problems with the lighting like on last years! YAY!! I am sooo excited to get mine! Thanks for your impressions!!
You're welcome. I think you will be very happy this time -- the display is really, really nice.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote