Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2017, 04:48 AM   #691
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Sorry. I've moved my post to RP1 thread.

Last edited by fgdas; 06-05-2017 at 04:54 AM.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:59 AM   #692
Phung
Phung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi, I am going to buy Sony DPT-S1. Does it have the screen timeout option (in which the device shuts down automatically if we don't touch or use it)?

Thanks.
Phung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #693
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phung View Post
Hi, I am going to buy Sony DPT-S1. Does it have the screen timeout option (in which the device shuts down automatically if we don't touch or use it)?

Thanks.
I think the time is something like a felt 5 to 10 minutes but it can not be configured.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:47 AM   #694
88%
Enthusiast
88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch

Device: DPTS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phung View Post

Thanks.
From the manual:
Automatic power-saving
The Digital Paper device will enter sleep mode after about 1 hour of inactivity. After 3 days in sleep mode, it will turn off (shut down) automatically. The automatic power-saving cannot be turned off.

While the DPT-S1 is nothing short of a fantastic device, just in case you aren't missed it, a new version (DPTRP1) was recently released. From what I read it's a superior device, with a much cheaper price tag.
88% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:41 AM   #695
Phung
Phung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
Can anybody confirm about the quality of DPT S1 when reading a scanned-pdf file? Because of its resolution "just 150 dpi", I may concern about it (even with its big screen). Many years ago, I used the first generation of Kindle paper white (just 150 dpi) and I experienced the lack of clarity when reading a sacnned file. It improved alots with Kindle Voyage (300dpi), and we can see the huge difference.

Thanks.
Phung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #696
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
The quality of DPT S1 feels excellent as it is a 1200x1600 display.

So aproximately 3x the pixels of 1st gen(758×1024 ) Paperwhites.

I have had only good reading experience with profesionally prepared PDFs on DPT-S1. The pictures look fine.

Now, if you read poorly scanned pages, they will look awful even on the best displays.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:01 PM   #697
digiflash
Connoisseur
digiflash began at the beginning.

Device: DPT-RP1, DPT-S1, Pocketbook 912
Any chance to get tips for the S1? B&H wrote me that the product is discontinued.
digiflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:14 AM   #698
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiflash View Post
Any chance to get tips for the S1? B&H wrote me that the product is discontinued.
Wow, Sony product support at its best. Buy a Sony 1000$ product, have it rendered disfunct two years later by them discontinuing the consumables.

Hell of a move. Sorry for you digiflash. I'm somewhat lucky I just bought a pack of 6 recently, but one day soon, I'll be out of tips, too.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:20 PM   #699
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i seem to recall that there were some S1 compatible stylus and tips.
lenovo x61t stylus
wacom nibs (ACK-20003)

i haven't purchased these to verify. but you can do some research.

look at post 311 on this same thread for the nibs.
post 436 & 438 for the stylus.

Last edited by rem736; 08-31-2017 at 04:40 PM.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:51 AM   #700
88%
Enthusiast
88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch

Device: DPTS1
Quote:
Has anyone tried to confirm this with Sony?

If this is true it may seriously change my mind about ever buying another Sony product.
88% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #701
JoeS
Enthusiast
JoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheeseJoeS can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaek72 View Post
Just purchased one from B&H. Any news on the firmware upgrade that will allow table of contents? Haven't seen any updates on this in months.
Haven't seen anything on this either, would be a big improvement. BTW you're in the wrong thread, the RP1 one is here.
JoeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #702
digiflash
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88% View Post
Has anyone tried to confirm this with Sony?

If this is true it may seriously change my mind about ever buying another Sony product.
Look at the Sony homepage. This will confirm it.
I purchased the Wacom nibs (ACK-20003) and the fit in the stylus. They are a little bit to long and have to be cut.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:26 AM   #703
ManDay
E-Reader

Quote:
Look at the Sony homepage. This will confirm it.
I purchased the Wacom nibs (ACK-20003) and the fit in the stylus. They are a little bit to long and have to be cut.
How are they in terms of softness? Do they appear to match the felt of the original nibs? My greatest concern with non-standard tips is that they would leave marks on the screen in the long run.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:16 AM   #704
digiflash
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
How are they in terms of softness? Do they appear to match the felt of the original nibs? My greatest concern with non-standard tips is that they would leave marks on the screen in the long run.
Feels harder than the normal nib. A have a screen protector on my S1. So I don't care about it.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #705
ManDay
E-Reader

Quote:
Feels harder than the normal nib. A have a screen protector on my S1. So I don't care about it.
Ah, good idea. I suppose I will do the same then. Thanks for the info!

Tags
crop, croppdf