Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Kobo with Lights

Does Kobo make an e-reader that has the Blue lights... Not Bright White?

I ordered a PW3 White It has the Blue lights I find are Easy on the eyes. Problem is I am running out of room for my library.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I'm surprised you find blue light the easiest on your eyes, but there you go. If you can try them out in person, both the Kobo Aura One and the Kobo H2O Edition 2 have adjustable light temperature. See if there is a setting there that suits you.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2017, 09:36 PM   #3
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
My Aura One can be blueish if the natural light is off. Not as blueish as the Paperwhite though.

If you are just looking for more storage you could import a 32GB Paperwhite from Japan via. Ebay or the like. You'll pay a bit of a premium for it though.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:21 AM   #4
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
The latest Kobo Aura One and Kobo H2O models have "comfort lights" which are user-settable degrees of amber (not blue), and many older Kobo models have Micro SD card slots, meaning you can vastly increase the storage capacity by just slipping in your own Micro SD card.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:32 AM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
The latest Kobo Aura One and Kobo H2O models have "comfort lights" which are user-settable degrees of amber (not blue), and many older Kobo models have Micro SD card slots, meaning you can vastly increase the storage capacity by just slipping in your own Micro SD card.
I compared my H2O2 to my old H2O. With natural light fully to the left, the H2O2 is noticeably bluer than the H2O.
Advert
Old 08-19-2017, 12:48 AM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hate amber...yeck
Old 08-19-2017, 05:36 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Hate amber...yeck
You can always leave the amber light off.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:16 AM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
For those unfamiliar with the Kobo terminology... "Comfort Light Pro" (the Aura One and H2O2) allows the changing of the light color, the "Comfort Light" (Aura 2Ed) is the fixed color lighting.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #9
meeera
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hate amber...yeck
It's not amber as in the old amber text on black screens. It's a multi-setting slider along the colour temperature spectrum from blue-white to almost red. I wouldn't describe any of the colours involved as "amber" really, but more like bluish->white->creamy->orange->intensely orange -> nearly red. Which is still fine if you hate orange and red; the point i was making is that the bluest light available is bluer than the fixed light temperature in the older H2O.

I suggest seeing one in person if you're interested. Looking at digital videos is unlikely to give you a really good sense of whether the colours might suit you.

Last edited by meeera; 08-19-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #10
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Does Kobo make an e-reader that has the Blue lights... Not Bright White?

I ordered a PW3 White It has the Blue lights I find are Easy on the eyes. Problem is I am running out of room for my library.
You don't need to have all of your books on the device. How are you "running out of room?"

A Kobo won't be able to use your Kindle books without format shifting.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:01 PM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
It's not amber as in the old amber text on black screens. It's a multi-setting slider along the colour temperature spectrum from blue-white to almost red. I wouldn't describe any of the colours involved as "amber" really, but more like bluish->white->creamy->orange->intensely orange -> nearly red. Which is still fine if you hate orange and red; the point i was making is that the bluest light available is bluer than the fixed light temperature in the older H2O.

I suggest seeing one in person if you're interested. Looking at digital videos is unlikely to give you a really good sense of whether the colours might suit you.
Cant see in person... no stores in my area carries them.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:07 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
You don't need to have all of your books on the device. How are you "running out of room?"

A Kobo won't be able to use your Kindle books without format shifting.
Cause I have more e-books that the PW3 holds.... I never know what e-books I be in the mood to read. Rather not be jumping up & down to pc to add e-book.

I know about formats in addition to the PW3 I also have a Kobo.. so no problem