Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 11:06 PM   #106
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgaugler View Post
This is a MAJOR pain in the butt to try to get the Mantano reader app !!!

When I purchase the app off Amazon's site ...it won't let me download it (or access it) because they don't want me to put it on my Kindle Fire HDX

When I try to purchase it from Mantano's site ...they send me to Google Play ...and they don't want to sell it to me ...because I don't have one of THEIR devices

There appears to be sites that let you "download" the apk ...but they all look VERY questionable!!! I have no desire to "steal" the reader ...but where can I buy it ?!?!?
There are reputable places to obtain apps for your KF. 1Mobile is one choice. Under device/settings, change "Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources" to on/yes. Install 1Mobile app store. Install desired app(s).
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #107
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgaugler View Post
This is a MAJOR pain in the butt to try to get the Mantano reader app !!!

When I purchase the app off Amazon's site ...it won't let me download it (or access it) because they don't want me to put it on my Kindle Fire HDX

When I try to purchase it from Mantano's site ...they send me to Google Play ...and they don't want to sell it to me ...because I don't have one of THEIR devices

There appears to be sites that let you "download" the apk ...but they all look VERY questionable!!! I have no desire to "steal" the reader ...but where can I buy it ?!?!?
I used the details given in the link here https://eweforia.wordpress.com/2013/...ndroid-device/

which tells you how to access Google Play apps without hacking or jailbreaking your KFHD. Worked fine for me, though it is a little bit l;ong winded getting it set up for the first time. Great though, as I now have access to many previously unavailable apps, including Snapchat.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:47 AM   #108
chanfm
Enthusiast
chanfm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle PW3
Is it still possible to sideload google apps onto Kindle Fire? I tried a few methods suggested on the web but none worked.
chanfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:52 AM   #109
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanfm View Post
Is it still possible to sideload google apps onto Kindle Fire? I tried a few methods suggested on the web but none worked.
Rooted or un-rooted? Haven't tried this myself, but it's worked for some...
http://www.gizmag.com/how-to-install...-hd-hdx/30736/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #110
chanfm
Enthusiast

Anemic Oak, thank you for your reply. I will try this during the coming weekend.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:45 AM   #111
chanfm
Enthusiast

The proposed solution is for Fire HD and HDX. Has anyone tried it for Kindle Fire?
Old 09-30-2014, 03:56 AM   #112
chanfm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Rooted or un-rooted? Haven't tried this myself, but it's worked for some...
http://www.gizmag.com/how-to-install...-hd-hdx/30736/

Fyi to all, this method does not work on Kindle Fire first gen.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:29 AM   #113
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanfm View Post
Fyi to all, this method does not work on Kindle Fire first gen.
For a first gen Fire you'll probably have to dig through old posts at Sourceforge to find the methods people were using.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #114
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
FYI...

be careful out there!

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/mobile...angerous-game/
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #115
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Read the comments below...

http://download.cnet.com/1Mobile-Mar...-75450771.html
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #116
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've been in the same boat recently after buying a Kindle Fire.

The easiest solution is to buy an android device with access to the Google Play Store. Buy the app through that device then install it and back it up (I've used the free app Backup and Restore)
Then connect the android device to your pc, copy the Back Up and Restore folder from the device to your PC. Disconect
Then connect your Fire to the PC and copy the individual apps you need from the Back Up and Restore folder on your PC into the downloads folder on the Fire. Disconnect
Then go into the download folder and launch the app you've copied over and install it.

You'll need to do this each time theres an update.

I ended up buying a budget 7 inch tablet which is just as well as hubby keeps knicking my Fire!! You could just buy the cheapest android phone that has google play access.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #117
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I've been in the same boat recently after buying a Kindle Fire.

The easiest solution is to buy an android device with access to the Google Play Store. Buy the app through that device then install it and back it up (I've used the free app Backup and Restore)
Then connect the android device to your pc, copy the Back Up and Restore folder from the device to your PC. Disconect
Then connect your Fire to the PC and copy the individual apps you need from the Back Up and Restore folder on your PC into the downloads folder on the Fire. Disconnect
Then go into the download folder and launch the app you've copied over and install it.

You'll need to do this each time theres an update.

I ended up buying a budget 7 inch tablet which is just as well as hubby keeps knicking my Fire!! You could just buy the cheapest android phone that has google play access.
Found an easier method to get the android apk: on the android, just go to google play & do a search for "apk extracter". There will be many free apps available & will extract the selected(s) apps' apk onto the sdcard, e.g. /sdcard/extractedapks/.

I extracted Aldiko Premium, Moon+ Reader Pro & Mantano Pro; only Aldiko didn't install but it could be that I had installed the free version from Aldiko (could be that something didn't get deleted); but no problem with Aldiko as it is now just being used as my "library". The latest versions of Moon Reader & Mantano do work but Mantano will need to regen its book covers. Mantano's book cover regen is probably that I just copied the Mantano settings from the Nexus 7 rather than have Mantano "import" the files again (the import is really a pointer/path to where the files actually reside).

Anyway, the apk extract & side load to the Fire HDX 8.9 2014 works as well as the usability of what I side loaded. Will find out later if I can just install the newer version over the older as in update rather than delete/reinstall....https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smilies/smile.gif
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #118
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I sideloaded an app to my Kindle Fire tablet, but when I opened it, the app splash screen told me to DL a newer version of the app, providing a link to the same Google Play Store page that I got the apk file from in the first place.

It's an app I just added to my Android phone, where it works fine. Anyone know how I can get it on my tablet? Thanks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote