Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
kindlemap.net
kindlemap.net began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Greetings from a web developer in Temecula CA

Hi,

Thank you for the creating this very nice forum. I followed a link here from a Kindle blog. I will be stopping by quite often since this site looks to be more for web developers then the other Kindle forum sites.

I am a web developer and have developed quite a few websites for mobile devices. I just purchased the Kindle 2 and developed a maps website for the Kindle. The site is www.Kindlemap.net. The site works well on the Kindle and gives you the capability to display maps, satellite views, directions, and photos from around the world. If you get a chance please take a look at it.

When I saw Steve Jobs previewing the iPhone I knew that mobile devices were going to become popular for internet browsing and I made my first mobile site iTeams.mobi that was formatted for the iPhone. Since then I have developed a few other sites that use browser detection and render the page accordingly. The site that is the most active presently is iPicture.mobi.

I am married (43 years) and we have 3 children (40, 20, and 17). We have lived in Clairton, PA, California (north and south); Ft. Worth TX; Dover, NH; Seattle WA, Huber Heights OH, and now Temecula, CA (since 1998).

Looking forward to conversing with others here at mobileread.com.

Regards,
Al
kindlemap.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Al and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, kindlemap.net
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
welcome to Mobileread. You will, indeed, find more technical information about ereading here than at other sites. If you have questions about how people are using their ereading devices, just ask.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Welcome to Mobile Read - it's like chocolate: once you start you can't stop
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	505-DP-21317%20HOWDY.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	39805 kindlemap.net, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
developer, droid, iphone, kindle, map