Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #1
JosephWebber
Enthusiast
JosephWebber began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW, PW3, Nook HD+
Changelog

Can someone please give me a link to the KOReader changelog so that I can see exactly what has changed in each release and decide whether it is worth upgrading?
When I navigate to the wiki and then to Changelog the last one it shows is 20150315.
Presumably there is a list somewhere of every release of KOReader and the fixes and new features each one contains.
Many thanks.

PS I know what deprecate means, but I do not understand what you mean by it. Can you explain?
JosephWebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Yes, of course: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases

This is github version, which isn't extremely clear, but you can see what changes were done and how many of them, with all discussions. Some of them aren't very clear to us who don't participate in coding (or at least to me).

Anyway, if you're familiar with github, you'll found your way there.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Yes, of course: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases

This is github version, which isn't extremely clear, but you can see what changes were done and how many of them, with all discussions. Some of them aren't very clear to us who don't participate in coding (or at least to me).

Anyway, if you're familiar with github, you'll found your way there.
Also; You should note where it says "##commits to master since this release" poking/clicking on the bold part will give you a page with the code spelled out. So if you click/poke the commits for the previous release you should have the code changed in the current release.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 03-02-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephWebber View Post
PS I know what deprecate means, but I do not understand what you mean by it. Can you explain?
Deprecated means as much as that the page is obsolete, no longer updated, and might be removed without warning in the future.

http://foldoc.org/deprecated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargon File
Said of a program or feature that is considered obsolescent and in the process of being phased out, usually in favour of a specified replacement. Deprecated features can, unfortunately, linger on for many years. This term appears with distressing frequency in standards documents when the committees writing the documents realise that large amounts of extant (and presumably happily working) code depend on the feature(s) that have passed out of favour.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote