Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 05:53 AM   #1
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: none
Is there a quick way to split large html files?

I have several books where there are only one or two html files for the whole book.

I have been using the split file feature to split before the start of each new chapter. Searching for the word Chapter, clicking the split button and pointing to the spot above the new chapter heading is tedious when you have up to forty chapters. (They do not have h1, h2 or any other indicators.)

Is there a quick way of doing this?
cager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/edit...ing-html-files
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2014, 06:22 AM   #3
cager
Connoisseur
cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.cager 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Thanks Kovid for such a quick reply and for calibre. I am just starting to scratch the surface, it is a delight to use it.

I cannot get your link to open at the momment. I will check later.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You better be sure of your search criteria when you do this automatically or you will have more splits than you want.

It may be tedious but you can do this manually in less than 5 minutes and you will be sure the splits are in the right place.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
cager
Connoisseur

Thanks again Kovid, I was able to use your link and can see what you refer to.

"You can also split a single HTML file at multiple locations automatically, by right clicking inside the file in the editor and choosing Split at multiple locations. This will allow you to easily split a large file at all heading tags or all tags having a certain class and so on."

I was working off-line and using a downloaded copy of the Calibre Manual which I can now see is out of date. It does not have the above quoted sentences.

Thank you mrmikel, I think in this instance you are right. Because the chapter headings are not tagged it was probably quicker the less spectacular way.
Advert