Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Reinstalling Calibre Library

I just did my usual update of Calibre to 0.9.10. I backed up "AppData\Roaming\Calibre" and "Documents\Calibre Library" to a Flash drive. Somehow I goofed and Calibre now starts empty and anew. Which is easiest way to restore this please?
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
I just did my usual update of Calibre to 0.9.10. I backed up "AppData\Roaming\Calibre" and "Documents\Calibre Library" to a Flash drive. Somehow I goofed and Calibre now starts empty and anew. Which is easiest way to restore this please?
Are you are sure your CURRENT in use Library is using the same location?

Right click the Library Icon: Switch/Create: Use Previously Existing... :<browse to the Documents\Calibre Library folder> : OK

If that folder was empty: Shut down Calibre: Copy the backup into that folders (metadata.db will be in the Calibre Library folder, if done correct)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Are you are sure your CURRENT in use Library is using the same location?
Yes. Thanks for your help. Everything is back to normal and I have learnt something in the process. Cheers.

Last edited by Nicko; 12-16-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote