Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #106
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
With 80% Android market share in China (compared to 12% for Apple), what does it matter?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...iphone-2012-2q
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #107
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
This is not something you would have expected to see in relation to Apple. Your local news service providing a method of restoring your old OS if you have upgraded to OS6 and have discovered that you really, really, really, don't want it.

See:http://www.news.com.au/technology/ap...-1226480545191

See also:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/cr...-1226480548456

It hasn't been a good week for Apple, and I think it might be the start of "not a good month" or longer.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #108
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I have a straw here, would you like to clutch at it?
I missed where you contradicting his argument
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #109
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
With 80% Android market share in China (compared to 12% for Apple), what does it matter?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...iphone-2012-2q
Yes, because everyone has a smart phone and will never buy another!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #110
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
It hasn't been a good week for Apple
Seen them sales? And evidence is growing that Maps rocky start won't end up being a big deal in long run.
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #111
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
I missed where you contradicting his argument
There are two possible reasons for that;

1. I wasn't attempting to
2. You don't speak English well enough to understand
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #112
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
There are two possible reasons for that;

1. I wasn't attempting to
2. You don't speak English well enough to understand
Well enough to understand.

Please provide contradiction.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #113
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well enough to understand.

Please provide contradiction.
You didn't read/understand number one, did you?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #114
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
You didn't read/understand number one, did you?
Related to number two -- which I contradicted.

Your turn, please.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #115
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Related to number two -- which I contradicted.

Your turn, please.
You probably need to look up 'contradict'.

We could get into a semantical argument here, but it wouldn't actually be fair. After all, I am a native English speaker; you, clearly, are not. I won't get drawn into that, you're perfectly capable of making a fool of yourself without me helping you.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #116
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Yes, because everyone has a smart phone and will never buy another!

Yes, and it doesn't look very likely to be an iphone for the vast majority of Chinese.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #117
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Seen them sales? And evidence is growing that Maps rocky start won't end up being a big deal in long run.
Yep, and I still say that it has not been a good week for Apple. Winning the lottery when your house is on fire is not something that most would regard as a great day. The evidence that I have seen indicates that fixing Maps will take years if they don't licence other technology.

I am one of the many who has rolled back to 5.1.1. The only thing I miss is the ability to selectively silence my phone at night.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #118
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
what advantage to use verizon phone on at&t?
thought verizon better
It's better, but it's also more expensive. The average monthly phone bill is usually about $20 US more than other carriers.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #119
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Yep, and I still say that it has not been a good week for Apple. Winning the lottery when your house is on fire is not something that most would regard as a great day. The evidence that I have seen indicates that fixing Maps will take years if they don't licence other technology.

I am one of the many who has rolled back to 5.1.1. The only thing I miss is the ability to selectively silence my phone at night.
I've chosen to remain on iOS6. Today for the first time (now that the rush is over) I went to have a look at the iPhone 5. I want one, now. I didnt, before, but I ran ibooks to see how it would work on a long screen and its just fine. Its lightweight, and it will do me nicely. However I can't afford one so its likely I'll really end up with someone's castoff 4S
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #120
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I've chosen to remain on iOS6. Today for the first time (now that the rush is over) I went to have a look at the iPhone 5. I want one, now. I didnt, before, but I ran ibooks to see how it would work on a long screen and its just fine. Its lightweight, and it will do me nicely. However I can't afford one so its likely I'll really end up with someone's castoff 4S
I find it fascinating how a few grams less weight is promoted as a feature to men who spend money on Gym memberships in order to lift weights. Incongruous.

Four people in our office have the iPhone 5 and ALL of them have issues with the anodising showing through. Not the normal Apple quality control. I'll stick with my 4S, it is a fine phone, it does everything I need and once they sort out the problems with OS6 I'll upgrade again. I don't need Apple or Google maps, as I paid for METROView a commercial mapping app.

I have been allocated a new iPhone 5 but I am not going to even unpack it. It can join the still un-packaged spare (company supplied) iPhone 4S in my desk drawer. They keep company with several unused BlackBerry 9020/50 Touch phones. I keep getting new phones but continuing to use my old one. Too lazy to set up a new phone when the one I have is set up just the way I like it and works just the way I want it.