Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Vista offered nothing for me so as long as I stay with Windows I will keep my versions of XP and 2k.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Vista offered nothing for me so as long as I stay with Windows I will keep my versions of XP and 2k.
Vista does offer you something new. More headaches then you've ever had before with getting the software you want to run to run.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #18
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
okay
i tried to explain this in another thread but when i read it was all messed up

if you look at the lastest update in the tools file under sony reader you will see that there is not much in there i think that is because who ever is programming bd assumes that you have installed all the previous updates so you have to go back a few put them in then put new 20/07 one in because the previous updates have the files you need

look at the first one that let you have sony reader as an option (4/12 i think) then put 5/30 in then 07/20
andyafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So would it be a good idea then to take the 4/12, 5/30, and then 7/30 and put them all together in one ZIP so all the files are there and it should be ok then?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:51 PM   #20
andyafro
Connoisseur

this is how i got my pictures and book covers to work ( by complete fluke i still cannot explain it)

(1) goto where your main book designer folder is
(2) goto tools
(3)make rebtalk & remtrans xp sp2 compatible & check box for run as administrator then press apply
(4)goto reader file
(4)make MSH_LRSParser xp sp2 compatible & check box for run as administrator then press apply
(5)click back twice to main folder
(6)make BD.EXE / CLIT18 /CLIT /IMPGLUE / IMPVIEWER xp sp compatible & check box for run as administrator then press apply
(7)Run Book Designer Try make a sony book the button doesn't even work anymore lets you save but the make book box don't come up

so......

(8) go back to BD designer file and every file you made compatible make it uncompatible again & uncheck run as administrator making sure to press apply each time
the files to uncheck again are

rebtalk
remtrans
MSH_LRSParser
BD.EXE
CLIT18
CLIT
IMPGLUE
IMPVIEWER

Its really weird becasue i do not know what i did but after i did that i went back into book designer and now i can put images and pictures into my books now

hope that helped
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Also give the new 2007-07-30 upgrade a try. I've fixed it up so it should not tell you it cannot make Sony Reader books.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786
Old 08-21-2007, 10:08 PM   #22
andyafro
Connoisseur

Wink SONY READER FIX

the only thing i can do is post my bd folder for anyone having probs with making sony reader because at the moment i have a fully funtioning book designer with pictures and cover support for sony reader on a vista 32 bit system

just unzip it and drag it over your book designer main file like a normal update

i do not promise it will fix your book cover problems but the trick i posted earlier worked for me

if you dont want it all just drag everything from my tools file into yours

if it doesn't work the worst that can happen is you will have to reinstall

hope it helps

P.S. This is updated to 2007-07-30 (latest as of the time of this post)
Attached Files
File Type: rar ANDYAFRO BD UPDATE 22-08-2007.rar (9.08 MB, 302 views)

Last edited by andyafro; 08-21-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: adding the date
Old 08-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #23
andyafro
Connoisseur

Let me know if it works

here also is a link to combined update made by jswolf of all bd updates so far that should also fix any probs should this one not work

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=11786&page=3

Last edited by andyafro; 08-21-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:19 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Vista does offer you something new. More headaches then you've ever had before with getting the software you want to run to run.
People said that they wanted a more secure system - that's what Vista is; the security architecture has been re-vamped from the ground up. Given that the vast majority of people use a PC for only three things:

- Web browsing
- EMail
- Word processing

most people won't have problems.

As I've said before, there have always been stringent guidelines for Windows programming concerning things like which directories you should regard as "writable". It's always been the "rule" that you should never write anything to "Program Files" from within an application, for example. Previous versions of Windows allowed you to break the rules with relative impunity; Vista forces you to follow them.

My 10 year old, highly complex, software runs perfectly on Vista because I follow all the rules . Unfortunately, BD very definitely doesn't. This really isn't Vista's "fault".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:04 AM   #25
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
This happened to me all the time when I dragged an image from a web page. Do this, drag the image to your desktop or to an easily accessible folder. Then drag the image from the folder and drop it in or use the open key. Make sure that the image appears in the box. Bingo.

That and as Harry said make sure the skip picture option is not on.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote