Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #16
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
But the important point is, however these may work, if you don't have a Kobo reader yourself you won't be able to put them on any other.
Not that I doubt your sincerity, but that's what I'm not sure about. This is what Kobo says for the "ereaders" option:

Quote:
You can read this item on your Kobo eReader (or other select electronic reading devices). The Kobo eReader lets you carry your whole library with you, so that you can read on the go. Check out our demo for more information!
That part I put in italics is what has me confused. Anyway, like I said, I've sent them an e-mail to ask and will post whatever they answer.

Eric
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #17
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I sent them an email too and got back the wrong answer, asked again and got back what I think is correct

me: what format I will get if I buy a book that has Available formats: Web Mobile

kobo: Hi,

Thank you for your message. The format you would receive is kepub. Web is available for reading on your computer, and Mobile can be read on Iphones, Ipods, and Ipads.

Yours Sincerely
The Kobo Team

me: I would receive epub even though it says Available formats: Web Mobile? It does not have epub in that list.

kobo: Hi,

Thank you for your reply. If it says web and mobile then it means the book can be read on our website, www.kobobooks.com, or a mobile device such as an iPhone or Blackberry.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #18
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
But the important point is, however these may work, if you don't have a Kobo reader yourself you won't be able to put them on any other.
Even if you do, that's no guarantee. My Kobo reader was sold by Borders. So, it won't sync with the Kobo desktop app, but only the Borders app (oddly, it came with the 100 free classics from Kobo, not the 5 or so from Borders; it also caused constant reboots of my PC for 4 days, until I managed to completely wipe it clean, classics and all, then get it to sync; I've never attempted a sync since, no matter what I could read that way, as a result, and use Calibre and ADE to manage it, instead).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:38 AM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It seems that if one wants epub without the documented issues and concerns listed on this thread, that one should probably buy the Sony epub and forget about Kobo's epub.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #20
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
If you enjoy the wonderful Kafkesque writings of this Nobel Prize winning author - as I do - then you should check out this great collection.

It's $19.80 at Sony, while Amazon has it at $28.80. I reported the price difference, in hope that they would lower the price to make it competitive but nothing so far. Don
Amazon did price match at $19.80 (for those who want a Kindle version).
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #21
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
For the record, I'm still (after all this time), waiting for an answer from Kobo. At first they told me that all I needed was ADE and how to use it. Then, I told them I know all about ADE and asked why this didn't list version options. Then they asked where I was buying it from, then I was told they were escalating my question and then I never heard from them. I've sent them another e-mail asking what happened. I will report when I get an answer.
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #22
mrkapawutzis
Enthusiast
mrkapawutzis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Sony PRS-T1
12 Saramago novels and a novella for under $20? I'm all over this. Thanks for pointing this out OP!
mrkapawutzis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #23
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
This is also available at BooksOnBoard in epub at $19.98 plus $1.80 rebate. If you buy yourself a gift certificate over $30.00 you receive another 10% rebate.

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ok&BOOK=760696
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #24
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
FLASH:

Amazon finally decides to become competitive with this title!

It's now $19.80.

They never emailed about wanting to be competitive, so last week I purchased my copy from Sony.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #25
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now available at Kobo in epub (US?) at $19.99, minus any coupons available ($1.00 off with coupon jan14us1, expires at midnight EST.

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-C...fLg/page1.html.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #26
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Don't forget that the 35% off one book coupon ....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:09 AM   #27
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
The price just dropped further for The Collected Novels of Jose Saramago - down to $15.93 (US Kindle)
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #28
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Well now this is just stupid. Why the hell can't I buy José Saramago books in the Europe region??? That includes Portugal and he's a Portuguese author. Those restrictions are really annoying and nonsense.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #29
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I think he was banned in Portugal for the Gospel According to Jesus Christ.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
NightBird
Wizard

These are now down to $6.60 at Amazon.