Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Adding level2 TOC info

I converted a word doc to an epub using Sigil. All looks good except the epub onlt generated a Level 1 TOC while the word doc had a level1 AND 2 doc.

The Level1 TOC style is

<p class="P_h1">

The level2 TOC style is

<p class="P_p">

Since the generated TOC did not pick up the Level2 style how do I add this?

I know the basic manual way of doing this but I will lose the color and styling of the original, do I have to add or change a style in the css?

thx

RD

Last edited by ralphiedee; 11-05-2012 at 08:02 PM.
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post
I converted a word doc to an epub using Sigil. All looks good except the epub onlt generated a Level 1 TOC while the word doc had a level1 AND 2 doc.

The Level1 TOC style is

<p class="P_h1">

The level2 TOC style is

<p class="P_p">

Since the generated TOC did not pick up the Level2 style how do I add this?

I know the basic manual way of doing this but I will lose the color and styling of the original, do I have to add or change a style in the css?

thx

RD
What you should do is make level one toc an H1 tag and level 2 toc an H2 tag. I would do a search and replace to accomplish this. Making everything a p tag is poor semantics. Every heading should start with an H which stands for heading.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I wasn't aware Sigil could convert Word docs.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

OK , understand the poor semantics but I did not do the word doc a client of mine did it. I have done a lot of e pub conversions and this one is giving me the biggest problems.

So back to the situation, in the style sheet the html renders when imported into Sigil would I need to go and change the two style names in the css to heading 1 and heading 2?

??
RD
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
ralphiedee
Zealot

Hold on a second, I just see an update for Sigil ( I'm on a Mac ) I downloaded and re opened the app, imported the same word generated html file and when the doc opens in Sigil there is no css file.

???

RD
Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sigil doesn't magically make CSS files. They have to already physically exist and be properly linked in the html file in order to be imported at the same time. Same as image files.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hold on a second, I just see an update for Sigil ( I'm on a Mac ) I downloaded and re opened the app, imported the same word generated html file and when the doc opens in Sigil there is no css file.

???

RD
I use Open/Libre Office with writer2EPUB plugin to convert DOC files to EPUB, then I use Sigil to massage them into shape.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
ralphiedee
Zealot

I know that Sigil does not make css files but what I mean is before I downloaded the new Sigil update for Mac Sigil always generated a css document for this original file but after I installed the new Sigil update when I import the same html file I was using all along nto Sigil there is no stylesheet.

R
Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
but after I installed the new Sigil update when I import the same html file I was using all along nto Sigil there is no stylesheet
Then the stylesheet is not there to be imported. Or it's in the wrong location.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I know that Sigil does not make css files but what I mean is before I downloaded the new Sigil update for Mac Sigil always generated a css document for this original file but after I installed the new Sigil update when I import the same html file I was using all along nto Sigil there is no stylesheet.

R
HTML files don't HARD attach stylesheets (the reason Calibre store HTML inside a Zip is to keep all the pieces together )
See if you can find the stylesheet and ADD that (also)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #11
ralphiedee
Zealot

Now I get the following ,essage when I try to add the same content I have been adding all this time.

the following file was not loaded due to invalid content or not well formed XML

I downloaded the Sigil update

Sigil-0.6.0a-Mac-Package.dmg