Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
eBook Viewer Toolbar

I have somehow switched off the calibre e-book viewer toolbar, (normally displayed down the left hand side), and cannot seem to switch it back on. I have left-clicked and right-clicked just about everything in the interface but cannot find any options. Any ideas?
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I have somehow switched off the calibre e-book viewer toolbar, (normally displayed down the left hand side), and cannot seem to switch it back on. I have left-clicked and right-clicked just about everything in the interface but cannot find any options. Any ideas?
Down on the lower right, just to the left of Jobs are three icons. These three icons cause to appear and hide the Tag Browser, Book Details and Cover Browser. Give them a go. If you are on an older version 0.6.x then look for similar (though larger) icons and click on them.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:37 AM   #3
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

These buttons only control the calibre library program, they do not have any effect on the E-book Viewer. I have launched the viewer in standalone mode and from the "View" button from within calibre but the toolbar, (with buttons for Increase/Decrease font size, Set Bookmark, Reference mode etc.), is still off.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:24 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
These buttons only control the calibre library program, they do not have any effect on the E-book Viewer. I have launched the viewer in standalone mode and from the "View" button from within calibre but the toolbar, (with buttons for Increase/Decrease font size, Set Bookmark, Reference mode etc.), is still off.
My mistake, You didn't do anything to switch off this toolbar. The toolbar you're looking for doesn't exist when viewing LRF files. LRF uses a different viewer and the toolbar is not present on the LRF viewer. Open an ePub or a LIT file and I'm sure you will find the toolbar right where it should be.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-09-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:43 AM   #5
Agama
Guru

I am reading ePub files, (I don't use any other format), and my calibre installation is version 0.7.7.

Ah! I've just solved it. Right-click anywhere in the document viewing area, (gives a menu with options for "Reload" and "Goto"), then whilst this menu is still displayed right-click on the window's title bar to give another menu for "Toolbar". The main toolbar and the search toolbar can be switched on/off using this 'secret' menu.

Last edited by Agama; 08-09-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
I am reading ePub files, (I don't use any other format), and my calibre installation is version 0.7.7.

Ah! I've just solved it. Right-click anywhere in the document viewing area, (gives a menu with options for "Reload" and "Goto"), then whilst this menu is still displayed right-click on the window's title bar to give another menu for "Toolbar". The main toolbar and the search toolbar can be switched on/off using this 'secret' menu.
Mystery solved.

That is one very obscure menu to get to.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Interesting what operating system is this on, and do you remember how you managed to hide the toolbar? That should not be possible, the best you should be able to do is drag it out of the window to make it floating.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
Agama
Guru

Windows XP, SP3.
I'll try it on Windows 7 later and see what happens.

I definitely didn't drag it around, (I just triggered the hidden menu and unticked the Toolbar option), but thanks for the tip! I've now got my toolbar along the top instead of down the side.

To trigger: right-click the viewing area then right-click the title-bar. There are 2 options on the menu. The first is "toolBar" and the second has no text label but toggles the search toolbar.

Last edited by Agama; 08-09-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
Agama
Guru

Windows 7 Home Premium with calibre 0.7.10 does exactly the same.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah different versions of windows are likely to be the same. As far as I can see it's a Qt bug, at least, I can find no way to turn it off, so hopefully, no one else will discover this menu
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah different versions of windows are likely to be the same. As far as I can see it's a Qt bug, at least, I can find no way to turn it off, so hopefully, no one else will discover this menu
, I can turn off the "Search bar" that I don't use.

At least, it will let you reverse (re-apply the tick next to "toolbar") your setting.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote