Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-06-2020, 03:56 AM   #1
fenbekus
fenbekus began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 Lynx
How do I update my Onyx Boox T68 Lynx in 2020?

So I browsed some old threads and I'm pretty sure my Onyx Boox T68 Lynx has ArtaTech firmware that forbids me from updating to a newer version. Folks have posted some download links from ereader-store, but that part of the site seems to be inactive nowadays. Does anyone have download links for both the proper international firmware and the mfgtool (and anything else that is necessary for me to properly update my device)?
fenbekus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I don't know, but I wouldn't bother. I updated the Lynx firmware with Onyx firmware, and the touch screen became even less responsive, if such a thing is possible. I'd advise you to stay with the Lynx FW.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #3
fenbekus

Oh that's interesting, I mostly hoped for an android version update since mine is on 4.0.4 and barely anything works, even if I download an old version of an app, it's often too old to even log in (such as dropbox).
Old 06-06-2020, 02:19 PM   #4
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried the 4.4 version. It worked but it was very very beta. I got rid of it. What apps do you want to run that you can't find the apk?
Old 06-06-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
fenbekus

Oh it's a regional service so you probably haven't heard of it, I wanted to try Empik Go (it's a Polish ebook subscription service) since I know that one of the devices they recommend is also an Android based ereader with android 4.4, so I wanted to see if their apk might work on my Lynx too.

Heck if only Kindle fully supported Legimi (the other ebook subscription service) and the one mentioned above I would have no doubts and just buy one since I hear nothing but quality about them, which is not the case for inkbooks, that are the only ones that support all popular services.
Advert
Old 06-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #6
Pajamaman
Wizard

Yeah, I think you'd need a newer device for that kind of stuff. There is a big difference between 4.0 and 4.4, and Onyx never upgrade Android on a device AFAIK.

Tags
artatech, lynx, t68, update