Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-10-2019, 01:53 AM   #46
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
Thanks! I actually joined and took a look just the other day.

It doesn’t seem to be something for the Pro as much as the standard Note. Am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.H View Post
Hi, Here is the fb post in full with links.....

Recommend these screen protectors as they add a bit of friction (more like pencil on paper) to the screen of Boox note and nova pro. The nova pro one fits well the note plus fits very exactly on the note pro and could use a slight trim of 0.5-1mm around edges for easier install and better adhesion at very edges. I think Antireflex HD is preferable over just Antireflex version. Antireflex does add more friction but it is thicker and makes the screen a touch blurred due to the level of matte finish.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/atFoliX-...QAAOSws2RcD~o1

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/atFoliX-...8AAOSwCcZcsIbW
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #47
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Not sure if it's going to be of much help but GoodEreader published this video where they try out different pens with different devices:

https://youtu.be/rYF-PIlFomE?t=62
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2019, 01:08 AM   #48
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
Not sure if it's going to be of much help but GoodEreader published this video where they try out different pens with different devices:

https://youtu.be/rYF-PIlFomE?t=62
I actually saw that as well! I went with the remarkable tips.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #49
genomorro
genomorro began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro / Kobo Aura One
Hi, I just bought these nibs (ACK22211): https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The nib "works" but the sensitivity is horrible. The pencil "draws" without touching the screen, so there is no control of the pencil.

In addition, the original nib is a bit loose after try the new one, I think is unusable.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed?
genomorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #50
M.I.H
M.I.H began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboy213 View Post
Thanks! I actually joined and took a look just the other day.

It doesn’t seem to be something for the Pro as much as the standard Note. Am I wrong?
Hi. It is not for the original flexible screen Note, it is for the glass screen Note Plus (same flat glass screen as Note Pro). As I mentioned it does fit very exactly though, I trimmed mine about a millimetre around all the edges and it is easier to apply and sticks down fully to the edge if you cut right.
M.I.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #51
Gameboy213
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.H View Post
Hi. It is not for the original flexible screen Note, it is for the glass screen Note Plus (same flat glass screen as Note Pro). As I mentioned it does fit very exactly though, I trimmed mine about a millimetre around all the edges and it is easier to apply and sticks down fully to the edge if you cut right.
Well I’m that case I will give it a try! I did t get that from the post.

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2019, 03:13 AM   #52
NullReference
NullReference began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard1sama View Post
Hi!
I was planning on getting a different stylus (with buttons) to set them up as eraser and highlight functions.
My question is: Is it possible to do that? If the answer is yes, can you point one good enough?
Thx
I don't think it is. I haven't come across any settings for that or seen it anywhere as a feature.

Last edited by NullReference; 08-23-2019 at 03:16 AM.
NullReference is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:25 PM   #53
M.I.H
M.I.H began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboy213 View Post
Well I’m that case I will give it a try! I did t get that from the post.

Thanks!
M.I.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:42 PM   #54
mmwmm
mmwmm began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 2
Replacement pens

FWIW, I found this thread while searching for a replacement for the Note 2 pen my dog ate. Adding what I bought here, for the next person whose dog enjoys pens. I bought two on amazon. Both work, one works much better though:

1. "Samsung Electronics EJ-PT830BBEGUJ Galaxy Tab S4 S Pen, Black" for $31, works perfectly. No clip to attach to pocket though.
2. " Stylus S Pen for Tab S3 Pen with Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 SM-T820 SM-T825 T827 EJ-PT820BBEGUJ Replacement Stylus S Pen Tips/Nibs (Sliver)" for $22. Works OK, but you need to press harder to get it to write. I'm returning this one.
mmwmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:11 PM   #55
T4ng10r
T4ng10r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis III, ONYX BOOX Note 3
Words of warning - I received and tested today Wacom KP-501E-01.
It DOESN'T work on Onyx Boox Note.
T4ng10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:39 PM   #56
Hopsakee
Hopsakee began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by genomorro View Post
Hi, I just bought these nibs (ACK22211): https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The nib "works" but the sensitivity is horrible. The pencil "draws" without touching the screen, so there is no control of the pencil.

In addition, the original nib is a bit loose after try the new one, I think is unusable.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed?
I bought practically the same nibs, resulting in same problem. Stupid me didn't read your post in time. Did you or anyone figure out a solution for the now loose original nibs?
Hopsakee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:04 PM   #57
probablyjd
probablyjd began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 2
HP ZBOOK X2 Pen works for Note 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4ng10r View Post
Words of warning - I received and tested today Wacom KP-501E-01.
It DOESN'T work on Onyx Boox Note.
Should have heeded the warning, but I have the Note 2 and I thought that just MAYBE a Wacom stylus would work on the newer screen. No dice - the Wacom Pro Pen Slim (KP-301E-00DZ) does not work at all on the Note 2.

On the bright side, I tried the HP ZBOOK X2 Pen and that works marvelously:
  • Both the button and the eraser on the back work.
  • The original plastic nib was a bit too hard, but it also came with some softer marker-type nibs that feel good on the Note 2's glass screen.
  • It doesn't have a clip, but because there is a slight taper to the thickness you can wedge it into the stock case's pen loop and it stays in place.
  • Most importantly, it is MUCH larger than the stock stylus - it feels like writing with a real pen. I don't know why so many stylus options are roughly the thickness of those tiny pencils they have at mini-golf courses. Do all the testers have child-sized hands?
probablyjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:18 PM   #58
triumph627
triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Note Pro
Thanks for the HP ZBook X2 pen recommendation. I’ve been looking for a decent pen for ages but haven’t come across that one. I just ordered one based on you input. Hopefully it fits the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triumph627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:38 AM   #59
Gameboy213
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by probablyjd View Post
Should have heeded the warning, but I have the Note 2 and I thought that just MAYBE a Wacom stylus would work on the newer screen. No dice - the Wacom Pro Pen Slim (KP-301E-00DZ) does not work at all on the Note 2.

On the bright side, I tried the HP ZBOOK X2 Pen and that works marvelously:
  • Both the button and the eraser on the back work.
  • The original plastic nib was a bit too hard, but it also came with some softer marker-type nibs that feel good on the Note 2's glass screen.
  • It doesn't have a clip, but because there is a slight taper to the thickness you can wedge it into the stock case's pen loop and it stays in place.
  • Most importantly, it is MUCH larger than the stock stylus - it feels like writing with a real pen. I don't know why so many stylus options are roughly the thickness of those tiny pencils they have at mini-golf courses. Do all the testers have child-sized hands?
Ordered! Thanks for the info!
Old 03-09-2020, 03:09 PM   #60
T4ng10r
T4ng10r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis III, ONYX BOOX Note 3
I received Staedtler 180 22-1 Stylus Noris digital from Amazon.
It WORKS on Onyx Boox Note.
It fits nice in hand.
It cost ~ 25E.

it LACKS of button (to delete strokes i need to select eraser).

In summary - I'm satisfied.
T4ng10r is offline   Reply With Quote