Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
GA Russell
Bombers last loss July 27
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
BJ's to sell Sony Pocket Ed. BUNDLE for $199

I went to BJ's today to buy a pair of slacks. Last time I was there in August they had a Sony Reader, probably the 505. I saw nothing on display today, so I went to the information counter to ask where I could find the eBook readers they were offering.

The lady told me that they have nothing on the floor at the moment, but they will soon be selling this: She went to the cage, and came back with a brown box with very little writing on it. It said, "Sony Reader Pocket Edition Bundle".

There was no description of what the contents included. I asked her the price, so she scanned it and said "$199."

Since I did not intend to make a purchase, I did not ask her to open the box.

I then went to Best Buy. They had on display the 300 and the 600. The 300 was $199. They also had a cover for $30 and a wall charger for $30.

So maybe BJ's bundle will include both the cover and the wall charger, thus providing a savings of $60.

By the way, I received a card in the mail which gave me a free BJ's membership for 60 days. Perhaps that card is a gimmick, and they will offer the free membership to anyone who walks in. Otherwise, they have a special going on - $35 for a 14-month membership.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
According to the website for BJ's Wholesale, the 300 bundle will contain a Pocket reader and the PRSASC3/BC case for $199. They also show they have a 600 reader bundle that has the Touch reader and the a/c adapter for $299.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
For anyone interested in the Breast Cancer bundle that is out of stock on the Sony website, you can still find those online. One source is here:
http://www.datavis.com/Sony-PRS-300R...l-Edition.html
$199 - coupon code DATAVIS10 gives $10 off.
Includes special bundle packaging, an eBook Store coupon code for a free download of 4 books related to this topic and a clutch case, all for the price of the Reader Pocket Edition.
And yes the reader is the rose color.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
GA Russell
Bombers last loss July 27
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks Janet!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
For anyone interested in the Breast Cancer bundle that is out of stock on the Sony website, you can still find those online. One source is here:
http://www.datavis.com/Sony-PRS-300R...l-Edition.html
$199 - coupon code DATAVIS10 gives $10 off.
Includes special bundle packaging, an eBook Store coupon code for a free download of 4 books related to this topic and a clutch case, all for the price of the Reader Pocket Edition.
And yes the reader is the rose color.
That's a good deal. I got my 505 way back when at Datavision (in person).

One curious thing though: Under the description, it says: "Right and left-hand side page advance buttons Enjoy quick, easy page turning with convenient right and lefthand side page advance buttons."

Huh???? I have only a center page turn button on my 300! Am I missing something?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
That's a good deal. I got my 505 way back when at Datavision (in person).

One curious thing though: Under the description, it says: "Right and left-hand side page advance buttons Enjoy quick, easy page turning with convenient right and lefthand side page advance buttons."

Huh???? I have only a center page turn button on my 300! Am I missing something?
Wow, good catch. I didn't notice that, but I checked and they took it from the Sony site, where it says on the "Features" page for the 300, "Enjoy quick, easy page turning with convenient right and left-hand side page advance buttons." Oops.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote