Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #16
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I lay it flat on the table to the left of my plate/bowl. I then read.
This is how I do it too. Simple and the cheapest route.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
How do you read your e-Reader at the eating table..ie Breakfast etc.. how do you prop-it up without holding it.. ?? what do you use and recommend? thanks in advance..
Doug

I'm extremely wealthy, so I've hired someone to hold it for me. I can't be bothered with touching the screen either, so another person does that.

Seriously, I don't read at the table. I read while sitting on the couch, the chair, or in bed.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
The cover I bought from amazon.co.uk has a built in easel. I originally bought it for the Sony PRS650 but it also fits my Kobo Touch.

amazon link
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #19
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
How do you read your e-Reader at the eating table..ie Breakfast etc.. how do you prop-it up without holding it.. ?? what do you use and recommend? thanks in advance..
Doug
No, please, don't!!!!!
Don't pollute the noble action of eating with other activities! For your own sake!

Eating demands your full attention and concentration!
You have to enjoy the flavours, the bouquet, the aroma and also the looks of your food!
It's Art at its finest expression!

Don't reduce it to the mere action of putting calories into your mouth...

Don't read while you eat!

Oh my!
I hardly imagine how sad would it be...

And I heard about barbarians who even turn on their TV set.......

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #20
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I've had several reader stands, the current favorite is a little, portable, folding stand made by 3feet. It works for my readers in Sony covers and works for my Galaxy Note.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004A25DN8
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #21
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I love this one so much I now have two. I keep one in the kitchen for use while eating. It adjusts to any angle, and the width of the base is adjustable so it can be used with any size ereader. It's sturdy enough to hold up an iPad.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #22
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
As a barbarian who reads while he eats, I prefer to lean my Kindle against my stacked cellphone and Kindle Fire (while at home).

In a restaurant, I just lay it down to the left of my plate.

While driving...just kidding. I don't eat while I'm driving.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #23
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
I use a book cover/stand similar to this one.

My reading while eating habit is so bad I feel naked when I sit down to eat and don't have anything to read. I'll read the contents list on my breakfast cereal box if I have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
The cover I bought from amazon.co.uk has a built in easel. I originally bought it for the Sony PRS650 but it also fits my Kobo Touch.

amazon link
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #24
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
The answer's simple- always order a bread roll ......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
The answer's simple- always order a bread roll ......
Just for clarity sake for those outside the UK. It's a roll. Bread is not a roll. So its not a bread roll. It's either a roll or bread. But not both at the same time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #26
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I love this one so much I now have two. I keep one in the kitchen for use while eating. It adjusts to any angle, and the width of the base is adjustable so it can be used with any size ereader. It's sturdy enough to hold up an iPad.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
I have this one as well and can recommend for readers and tablets, it was a bit large for use with my Note, that's why I switched. But should I ever have a larger tablet, I'll be set.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #27
Matriarch
Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
While driving...just kidding. I don't eat while I'm driving.
Matriarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #28
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
I lay it flat on the table to the left of my plate/bowl. I then read.
I also lay my Kindle Keyboard flat on the table. I don't want to mess around with stands.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #29
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Just for clarity sake for those outside the UK. It's a roll. Bread is not a roll. So its not a bread roll. It's either a roll or bread. But not both at the same time.
I'd be mighty disappointed if I were expecting a bread roll and received a sweet roll. Perhaps things are different in the part of the US you are in, but in Chicago there is nothing wrong with asking for a bread roll.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #30
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I wipe off the surface of the table to the left of my plate/bowl and just lay it flat there.
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I am not allowed to read while eating when other people are at the table. Family rules.
Does that also apply to eating, say, lunch at restaurants and sharing the table with strangers?

Last edited by James_Wilde; 10-10-2012 at 04:49 AM.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote