Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
CCe
CCe began at the beginning.

Device: Interested in all amazon Kindle, Sony Reader, Bookwise, Illiad
Red face Cce

Hi everyone,

I am excited to join this great community. I read a lot as well and love my job, as I am a nanny and when the baby sleeps, I get to read! I am trying to decide which Reader system to get. Does anyone have any advice? I just want to read books, not any other computer blogs, etc. I like the Amazon Kindle, but I am concerned about not actually getting to hold it and try it out before buying such an expensive item. Yesterday, we tried to purchase a Sony Reader 505, but were told that once we walked out the door, it was not returnable and we were kind of concerned that if we changed out minds before using it we were SOL. Any advice? Does anyone like the Bookwise reader? Can you read outside with it?

Cce
CCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #2
tdanzie
Connoisseur
tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Hi CCe, welcome to MobileRead. Unfortunately, I do not have any advice for you, but I have the sony 505 and I love it.
tdanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2007, 12:43 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead CCe. DaleDe is our local expert on the eBookwise and he can answer any question you have about it. He has added a full section in the MobileRead Wiki about the eBookwise that should be a starting point for you. There are also descriptions of all the currently available dedicated ebook devices.

The first question to ask is what types of books do you want to read. Some readers support one form of DRM (that's Digital Rights Management) or another. Most current books are available for the Kindle and in a few less in Mobipocket format. Sony has a smaller selection of books as it is a newer format than Mobi and is supported on only one device. Check eBookwise.com for what is available for that device. As I remember it is somewhat limited.

If you favor the classic books then the MobileRead free download section is a good starting point. If you are inclined to format your own books than any of the devices will work.

The eBookwise is the least expensive of the dedicated readers; then the Sony, the CyBook Gen2, and the Kindle. The most expensive is the iRex iLiad but it also has a larger screen. They are all good machines.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum.

I don't have a Sony but hope to get a 505 early next year.

Share your concerns about the Kindle. Want to get my hands on one before I buy it. Perhaps a forum member who owns a Kindle in the San Diego area could let you check his or her's out

Last edited by MickeyC; 12-06-2007 at 01:31 PM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote