Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #61
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Second Ghost Story
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #62
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i'd like to nominate jim butcher's ghost story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Second Ghost Story
I would rather you guys nominate & 2nd Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) for those of us who have not yet read the series. I would gladly 3rd it if it were to be nominated.

It has been nominated before (in June I think), but it did not win.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #63
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I would rather you guys nominate & 2nd Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) for those of us who have not yet read the series. I would gladly 3rd it if it were to be nominated.

It has been nominated before (in June I think), but it did not win.
ok, i nominate storm front.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #64
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you! I 2nd or 3rd the nomination.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #65
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
I have left Ghost Story up as it still has jgaiser's second on it.

I have added your Storm Front nomination with Nyssa's second.

There are 8 fully nominated books at this point. Please let us know if any corrections need to be made.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #66
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
proper order

Quote:
Thank you! I 2nd or 3rd the nomination.
your reasoning made sense to me and i freely admit that after nominating ghost story i sat here thinking about the many advantages to reading the series in proper order and just how much of a spoiler that reading the 13th book first would be.

of course storm front was the 8th episode to be aired in the sci fi channel single-season dresden files series and the only episode that actually followed the story-line of any of the books rather than just borrowing some plot-points and some characters from the books. however this practice/approach actually turned out to be a good thing, at least in my opinion.

Last edited by alansplace; 08-21-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: added content
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'll give Storm Front a 3rd just to get things moving along.

And to close things, Ghost Story gets a 3rd from me even though it won't win.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #68
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
your reasoning made sense to me and i freely admit that after nominating ghost story i sat here thinking about the many advantages to reading the series in proper order and just how much of a spoiler that reading the 13th book first would be.

of course storm front was the 8th episode to be aired in the sci fi channel single-season dresden files series and the only episode that actually followed the story-line of any of the books rather than just borrowing some plot-points and some characters from the books. however this practice/approach actually turned out to be a good thing, at least in my opinion.
Thank you again on the nomination. I didn't know that about the show/episode.

Hubby and I both enjoyed the all too short lived series. We were disappointed to see it go, although, Hubby said he suspected that would be the case about 3 episodes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll give Storm Front a 3rd just to get things moving along.
Thank you Jon!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #69
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We now have the 10 fully nominated books. Thank you everyone.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

dreams, I found an error in the book lists (posts 1 & 2)

No 1 Ladies Detective Agency should be listed as No 1 Ladies Detective Agency (No 1 Ladies Detective Agency Book 1).

It is book one of a series and the series name is the same name as book 1.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #71
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I checked on B&N and saw:
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series #1) and used that one. Thanks, Jon.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I checked on B&N and saw:
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series #1) and used that one. Thanks, Jon.
Your welcome.

I know this is being picky, but if you are going to use a # in there, then you'll need to use a # in two other places.

Ghost Story: A Novel of the Dresden Files (The Dresden Files, Book 13) by Jim Butcher

Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) by Jim Butcher

Both need a # unless you remove the # from The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #73
Nyssa
Series Addict

Will the poll be going up tonight* Dreams?

*Its 10pm here.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

This was the fastest nomination process. This gives us a 10-day vote.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #75
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Your welcome.

I know this is being picky, but if you are going to use a # in there, then you'll need to use a # in two other places.<snip>
I've added the "#".
Quote:
Will the poll be going up tonight* Dreams?

*Its 10pm here.
Tom posted that the Voting (new poll thread) will run for 5 days starting September 1. I know we have sometimes opened the poll early in other months when we had our 10 books fully nominated so early. Tom, will let us know.