Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-29-2018, 07:51 AM   #1
Gergely
Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Gergely understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Altering an epub file

This is a follow-up to

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ht=desktop+app

Once I have my annotations extracted from my ebook reader, I would like to put it into the epub file. I do not know too much about epub but it seems like a special version of HTML. So, I would like to make

<span class="highlight">highlighted text</span>

across the file using the extracted annotations and have

span.highlight { background: #ccc }

to see them in a desktop epub reader.

What programming library would you recommend to do this?
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:49 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I would use Sigil for anything epub.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I agree. Sigil takes care of the un-wrapping, any file re-references caused BY SIGIL feature operations and wrapping (saving as epub)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote