Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
cHap85Lzwdzr
cHap85Lzwdzr began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Calibre 3.27.1 (64 bit) "database corrupted" error.

Hello:

After installing Calibre 3.27.1 (64 bit) the program won't launch and complains that "[t]he database at ... appears to be corrupted. Attempting to restore the database fails.

Doing a fresh installation, i.e., uninstalling Calibre 3.27.1, deleting all directories (Home and User), and reinstalling 3.27.1 does not solve the issue.

However, a fresh installation of 3.26.1 resolves the problem and 3.26.1 launches fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?
cHap85Lzwdzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
3.27.1 runs fine on W10 x64.
Check you A/V, it may be blocking a needed module
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Is it just me or are there notably more reported issues like this with Windows 10 than on Windows 7?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:15 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Is it just me or are there notably more reported issues like this with Windows 10 than on Windows 7?
Yes, because they are ever tightening the security model trying to thwart the bad guys.
The also are trying to thwart the bad habits of users that just clicked 'allow' without really thinking about the consequences
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
cHap85Lzwdzr
cHap85Lzwdzr began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Hello All:

I eventually figured out that it was Bitdefender's "SAFE FILES" protection. Once I allowed "calibre.exe" in "Application Access" the issue was resolved.

This issue started with Calibre 3.27.0 so I am wondering by Bitdefender was fine with 3.26.1 and prior.
cHap85Lzwdzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:36 PM   #6
avetik
avetik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
I installed latest Calibre version on Chrome OS (v 73 dev) Linux container (a.k.a. Crostini).
Installation went well (only required xz-utils package installed). However, once I launch calibre and point it to an existing Library which is located on a shared USB drive (which I was maintaining just fine from another Linux install) it now shows the error message

"The library database at /mnt/chromeos/removable/SD128GB/Calibre_Large appears to be corrupted. Do you want calibre to try and rebuild it automatically? The rebuild may not be completely successful! If you say No, a new empty calibre library will be created."

And details:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 301, in initialize_db
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 81, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 48, in create_backend
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 378, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 1123, in fget
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 836, in conn
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 271, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 315, in execute
File "src/cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
File "src/statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
IOError: IOError: disk I/O error

Is this easy to fix?
avetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:45 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
that's a disk i/o error it cannot be fixed in calibre, only in whatever subsytem you are using to expose the disk to your container.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #8
avetik
avetik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
that's a disk i/o error it cannot be fixed in calibre, only in whatever subsytem you are using to expose the disk to your container.
Other programs and apps I have installed so far seem to interact with the same drive just fine, but calibre has this I/O issue for some reason. And it is somehow tied to metadata.db permissions. I will try install on SD card.
avetik is offline   Reply With Quote