Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Closed: Free SF/Fantasy October 2011 WebScription Gift Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to buy the October 2011 Baen webscription package shortly. When I do, I'll be able to also give it as a gift to anyone who hasn't already registered at the webscription web site.

*** If you are already a webscription customer, this offer does not apply to you. ***
*** Please respect the intent of this generous offer from Baen. ***

The great thing about this offer is that the person who receives the gift can also gift the webscription to another person when they redeem their coupon.

The October webscription consists of seven complete multi-format, DRM-Free, ebooks of Science Fiction and/or Fantasy from Baen Books: (Note: Some are new releases, others are newly available in eBook format, and some are back-list to fill out the bundle. )

A Beautiful Friendship by David Weber
Carnelians by Catherine Asaro
Starman Jones by Robert A. Heinlein
Cryoburn by Lois McMaster Bujold
Dead Six by Larry Correia and Mike Kupari
Bolos: Their Finest Hour by Keith Laumer
MYTH-Interpretations: The Worlds of Robert Asprin by Robert Asprin
(The list price for this WebScription is $18.00 USD. For the individual eBooks in it, $42. )

Note: All books are currently available for download in a variety of formats and are DRM-Free

INSTRUCTIONS
Post a comment in this thread, stating that you'd like to get this webscription package when you sign up at webscription.net. Do not sign up at webscription.net yet.

I will edit this message, adding people to the list below. Once you see your username on the list, send a private message with your email address (needed for the gift webscription process) to the person above you in the list.

This email address can not be one that has registered on WebScriptions before.

I will buy the webscription month and use the email address I've received for the gift webscription. That person will receive an email from the webscriptions website, giving them a code to redeem their gift.
Once they have the redeem code, they use the email addresss sent to them by the next person on the list when redeeming their gift.
And so on....

I'll try to keep track of things by editing this message and in private messages with participants. We can usually manage several gift months before things break down, usually through over-zealous spam filters.
(Hint: If you want to be part of this chain, watch your junk email. IME, the email from WebScriptions will end up there approximately 25% of the time, and 100% of the time if you use a G-Mail account. )

Short Instructions:
Add a comment/reply. Wait until your username appears on the list below. Send your email address to the person above you on the list.

Gift chain so far:
============
CRussel - Completed.
luqmaninbmore - Completed.
gjferren1 - Completed
askyn - Completed
GlennD- Completed
Koland - Completed
user_none - Completed
JSWolf - Completed
siraks - Completed
tponzo - Completed
adv_dp_fan - Completed
Abtacha - Completed
ozron - Completed
Sigyn - Completed
DrMoze- Completed
anonymoose - Completed.
cHex - Completed.
KindleFan1 - Completed.
lstroyan - Completed.
kikokiko - Completed.

Final tally: 19 gift Webscriptions for a total of 126 free ebooks with retail bundled price of $342 at $18 per Webscription. Total price for the individual eBooks: $798 USD.

Thanks and karma to pdurrant for the format of this offer. Much better than I could have done on my own.

And thanks to all who played and kept the thread going. May you enjoy your new books, and hopefully buy many more from the authors and publisher who make this possible. And start your own Webscription thread here when you make your next Webscription purchase.

Last edited by CRussel; 10-09-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Done. Kikokiko completed.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
gjferren1
gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gjferren1 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: pandigital
Please put me on the list.
gjferren1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Im interested in this, please shoot me a tell =)

Message sent to gjferren1 with my email address.
Waiting on code.
=====
Recieved my code ... used it ... and passed on code at check out to GlennD ... in your court now =)

Last edited by askyn; 09-23-2011 at 06:27 PM.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
I'm interested as well.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'd like to get on the list (hubby likes Aspirin, doesn't have a baen account).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, moving right along, folks. gjferren1, you should be sending your email to luqmaninbmore via private message.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I'm interested. Hopefully this time goes better than last time.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I'm interested. Hopefully this time goes better than last time.
Added. And I certainly hope so. Though it's always a risk, everyone needs to pay attention and do their part to keep the chain going.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I am interested. Thanks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #10
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
i'm in, jswolf pm me when you get in thanks
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #11
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
I'd like to be included. Looks like a good mix of titles.
thanks
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Added:
JSWolf
siraks
tponzo

Next up is gjferren1. He's a new member, so we may need to be a bit patient. But this time around, I'm going to suggest that if any member with less than 25 posts is in the string, we bypass them at the 2 day mark. If they circle back in to the thread after they've been bypassed, we'll add them at the next available slot. The hope is to encourage the new folks, while still trying to keep the string alive as long as possible.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #13
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Next up is gjferren1. He's a new member.
hope he/she is not the hit and run type.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #14
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
hope he/she is not the hit and run type.
Well, if so, we'll jump over him/her, as I suggested. But I don't want to restrict these offers to "old hands", primarily because the whole point of the Webscription offer is to get new readers interested in Baen products. And I think it's important to encourage publishers and authors who believe in DRM-Free distribution.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #15
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I've got everything in my cart, but I haven't finalized everything because I'm waiting for the next person to PM me. I've already made an account; if I sign out without finalizing the order, will I still be able to apply the code and send on down the line?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, free, sff, webscription