Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
huda
huda began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Neo
Slow Page Turn

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone have had similar experience. When I first open the book the page turn are pretty fast. However, as I go along towards the middle and the end the page turn becomes really slow (about 5 to 10 secs) to go to the next page.

I'm reading epub format converted from doc or html. I'm not sure if its the device or the books that I'm reading.

Anyone has the same issue or solutions? Please share.

Thanks.

Regards,
Huda
huda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
DOC conversions (saved as HTML filtered) can be extremely messy (in the code view).
Stylesheets of many hundreds of lines, dozens of @font... at the beginning of each segment.
Writer2EPUB (Open Office Writer plugin) seems to do a fairly decent job DOC->EPUB , losing much of the M$ kruft
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
That's definitely the books, not the device. Try to convert in another way and/or to another format.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
huda
huda began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Neo
Thanks for the info. You're absolutely right, I save the htmls into words and convert it using Aspose. I tried Writer2epub and it seems much better.

I just upgarded the firmware and I was concerned that the firmware was messing it up.

Thanks again!
huda is offline   Reply With Quote