Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-19-2016, 08:38 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
V4.3.4 beta channel release

V4.3.4.1 (Beta):
  • Updated language: Vietnamese
  • Added language: Czech
  • In CC templates, treat custom series columns the same as the built-in series column. Using the bare lookup key (#key) returns the custom series name. Using #key_index returns the custom series index.
  • Tell CC that FBReader supports azw3 even though FBReader keeps it a secret
  • Better support CC Google Play licensing on devices without Google Play installed
  • [BUG FIX]Change some hard-coded English strings to use the translated version
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:59 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
The only item I haven't seen translated is "Current Reading Location" when I connect to dropbox (I haven't found it at OneSky either).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2016, 05:14 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@chaley,

I added a Home screen widget today and noticed the following minor error. When configuring the 'Number of books to show' option, if you backspace to clear the default entry, the text 'Port number' appears in the field, which may be a bit confusing to a new user. Everything works OK when you enter your number, so no harm done.

I don't know whether this niggle was introduced with this version or whether it has been around for a while.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:21 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
The only item I haven't seen translated is "Current Reading Location" when I connect to dropbox (I haven't found it at OneSky either).
I can't find that string anywhere in CC. Where are you seeing it? Perhaps it is in the dropbox dialog (the web page)?
Old 01-20-2016, 05:24 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@chaley,

I added a Home screen widget today and noticed the following minor error. When configuring the 'Number of books to show' option, if you backspace to clear the default entry, the text 'Port number' appears in the field, which may be a bit confusing to a new user. Everything works OK when you enter your number, so no harm done.

I don't know whether this niggle was introduced with this version or whether it has been around for a while.
Thanks. Fixed.

It has been there since the beginning, the result of me doing a copy/paste to create the layout.
Advert
Old 01-20-2016, 06:50 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I can't find that string anywhere in CC. Where are you seeing it? Perhaps it is in the dropbox dialog (the web page)?
I'll check if it's my internal field name (I don't remember). If it isn't, I'll attach the screen).
Old 01-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #7
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Dear @Chaley,

The translated UI is, sometimes, reversed to English. And the "Languages" under Grouping Drawer is still hardcoded.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I'm seeing "Idiomas" under Grouping Drawer, not "Languages".
Old 01-20-2016, 08:27 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Forget it! It's the name of my custom column (in English, not in Spanish )
Old 01-20-2016, 11:09 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Dear @Chaley,

The translated UI is, sometimes, reversed to English.
I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

CC attempts to set the app language every time an "activity" is started. It gets the language from the app settings, so if these are erased (for example by a restore) then CC will use the default language of the device.

In any event, whenever CC sets the language it writes information to the debug log displaying the desired language, the system language, and CC's current language. If CC's displayed language is changing by itself (is that is what it happening?) then the debug log should show what CC was trying to do.
Quote:
And the "Languages" under Grouping Drawer is still hardcoded.
In the grouping drawer CC uses the value in calibre's language for languages, pubdate, date (the calibre one), and formats. In this case the calibre information is actually available. I suspect that you are running calibre in English? Or perhaps you added the column after connecting to a calibre version in English?

I could change CC to use the translatable terms, but doing so would revert the labels for all users running calibre in some language that CC doesn't support back to English. I am not sure that this would be acceptable.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:10 AM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Forget it! It's the name of my custom column (in English, not in Spanish )
Ahh. A nice easy fix for me. Do nothing!
Old 01-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #12
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I just installed on my Fire HD 8 using the apk from my Tab S. I don't have the Google play Store and it worked fine. I used the cloud connection first to download a book and then connected wirelessly to Calibre with no problem. I didn't even have to change anything in settings to connect which is good for new users.

When I first connected to Dropbox, I chose a very old Calibre library by mistake. It now shows up in the list when I choose Change cloud libraries. Is there a way to remove it from that list without resetting cloud connection? I'm going to delete it from Dropbox - will it cause CC a problem if I choose it from the list after it's deleted?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:09 AM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just installed on my Fire HD 8 using the apk from my Tab S. I don't have the Google play Store and it worked fine. I used the cloud connection first to download a book and then connected wirelessly to Calibre with no problem. I didn't even have to change anything in settings to connect which is good for new users.
Good to hear.
Quote:
When I first connected to Dropbox, I chose a very old Calibre library by mistake. It now shows up in the list when I choose Change cloud libraries. Is there a way to remove it from that list without resetting cloud connection? I'm going to delete it from Dropbox - will it cause CC a problem if I choose it from the list after it's deleted?
If you choose a library that no longer exists, CC will tell you that the library is "corrupted or missing", remove it from the list, then open the folder navigator to select some other library. Using the navigator to select a library already in the list works without duplicating the entry.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:34 PM   #14
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Dear Chaley,

1) I have set the UI to Vietnamese and I don't change it back to English, but sometimes most (not all) of the UI is reversed to English, and later it will be in Vietnamese again. It happens in all of my devices, running Android 6.0.1, 5.1.1 or 4.4.2, so I think it is not a system issue. It seems kind of random. I know it is weird.

2) The "Languages" under Grouping Drawer: It's the default Language field of Calibre. In my PC, Calibre is in English UI. However, other fields are automatically translated in CC. I have checked in Onesky and all "Languages" have been translated.

As you can see in the screenshot, it is when the UI is reversed to English. And the "Languages" under Drawer as well.

//EDIT: Under the "Groups from custom colums" dialog, I can see Formats (formats), Languages (languages), Date (date), Published (pubdate). They are the default Calibre fields, not custom columns.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160122-092614 (1).png
Views:	176
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	145740  

Last edited by nqk; 01-22-2016 at 02:11 AM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:20 AM   #15
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Dear Chaley,

1) I have set the UI to Vietnamese and I don't change it back to English, but sometimes most (not all) of the UI is reversed to English, and later it will be in Vietnamese again. It happens in all of my devices, running Android 6.0.1, 5.1.1 or 4.4.2, so I think it is not a system issue. It seems kind of random. I know it is weird.
I cannot make this happen. Furthermore, your screen capture says that CC is at the same time partially in English and partially in Vietnamese, something that shouldn't be possible especially if your devices' default language is Vietnamese (is it?).

The only thing I can think of is that under some resource-constrained conditions, Android begins rendoring the screen before it sets the language. The parts that are in English are in the "layout file", which is constant and managed by Android. The parts that are in Vietnamese are in strings that CC adds to the screen. In order to see what we see the language must have switched between rendering the constant parts and running CC's code.

I will change a few things to try to ensure that the language is set before anything is rendered and release it in the next beta.
Quote:
2) The "Languages" under Grouping Drawer: It's the default Language field of Calibre. In my PC, Calibre is in English UI. However, other fields are automatically translated in CC. I have checked in Onesky and all "Languages" have been translated.
This happens because the label from the 4 fields I mentioned above, languages, pubdate, date (the calibre one), and formats, come from what calibre uses. You use English for calibre so the labels are in English.
Quote:
//EDIT: Under the "Groups from custom colums" dialog, I can see Formats (formats), Languages (languages), Date (date), Published (pubdate). They are the default Calibre fields, not custom columns.
These are the same 4 fields.