Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #301
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
I found the following issue:

If I draw on certain PDFs and then merge the annotations, the merging tool merges the drawings sideways (as if one has done page rotation only on the drawings (90°)).

You can try this on the PDF for yourselves (attached)
I confirm. This is probably related:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
Two more quirks I've discovered (fw 20120221):

1. Open a pdf in vertical mode. Rotate the screen to landscape mode. Now rotate back to vertical mode. Select annotations, add annotation... Annotation dialog appears but it is bigger than screen width... It cannot be closed - some buttons are not visible. Ok, rotate the screen back to landscape mode and close the dialog. Now rotate back to vertical. Try again - add annotation... The problem persists, the dialog again is bigger than screen width. And so on. The only way to get rid of this is to close the file and start again.
It just forgets screen mode.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #302
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
I confirm. This is probably related:

It just forgets screen mode.
It is a known bug and will be fixed soon. I expect to get the new update in te course of the next week.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #303
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
I just found another issue:

If you would use the white color to draw on a PDF (could be used to remove previously merged scribbles), then when you merge the drawings in white, on the new PDF the white drawings appear as black drawings.

In general, white drawings appear as drawings in black if you merge them.
This is true for any PDF i've tried

Last edited by por; 03-17-2012 at 12:10 PM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #304
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Here is something i found which is a real problem for me:

This occurs in any PDF after writing several lines of notes (say 4) and then stopping for 4-5 sec. If you then try to continue writing near the place you have stopped, nothing happens...

I've noticed that if you try continuing from some place further away from where you've stopped the device would accept the input (say bottom of the page)

This issue happens in both firmware 16 and 17.

This does not happen when you write stuff in the drawing application that comes with the device.

I've attached an empty PDF for you to try it out (but it happens in every PDF i've tried)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T1.PDF (130.2 KB, 207 views)
Old 03-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #305
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Quote:
Here is something i found which is a real problem for me:

This occurs in any PDF after writing several lines of notes (say 4) and then stopping for 4-5 sec. If you then try to continue writing near the place you have stopped, nothing happens...
I've been experiencing the same issue.

Quote:
I've noticed that if you try continuing from some place further away from where you've stopped the device would accept the input (say bottom of the page)
I also noticed that if one moves the stylus away, say outside the screen area, and brings it back to the point where it was stuck, then it reacts again.
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #306
por
Groupie

Quote:
I also noticed that if one moves the stylus away, say outside the screen area, and brings it back to the point where it was stuck, then it reacts again.
Hey thx! Knowing this makes it a bit more bearable . I guess the issue presents itself if you stop writing for 2-3 sec. but keep the stylus in the vicinity of the latest annotation item (scribble). Now i know that i "simply" have to "reload" the stylus by moving it away from the device .

I sure hope this is fixable, though..

Maybe it's worth mentioning that i'm using the stylus that came with the device.

Last edited by por; 03-17-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #307
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_M92_wishlist, last point under "Scribble". Your issue should be part of this point. It's being worked on

Btw @por: Do you actually have a Boox M92 or only a Jetbook Color or both? You profile says, you own a Jetbook Color only.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #308
por
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_M92_wishlist, last point under "Scribble". Your issue should be part of this point. It's being worked on

Btw @por: Do you actually have a Boox M92 or only a Jetbook Color or both? You profile says, you own a Jetbook Color only.
Yes, the issue described there seems to be quite similar to the problem i have.

I didn't see anything about the white drawings being merged as black ones, though. Maybe if more people can confirm that, this bug will also be addressed

Yes at the moment i own both devices, the JBC is even more unfinished than the M92 .

Last edited by por; 03-17-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #309
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Quote:
I didn't see anything about the white drawings being merged as black ones, though. Maybe if more people can confirm that, this bug will also be addressed
Yes, I also noticed this behaviour. (Maybe you could add it to the wishlist with a pointer to your post.)

P.S. A workaround to blank parts of a pdf page is to input the page in an image processor (I use GIMP) as an image, blank the parts of the image using the eraser, save the modified image as a pdf, and finally merge this page back with the rest of the pdf document (for instance using pdftk).
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:12 AM   #310
por
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMP View Post
Yes, I also noticed this behaviour. (Maybe you could add it to the wishlist with a pointer to your post.)

P.S. A workaround to blank parts of a pdf page is to input the page in an image processor (I use GIMP) as an image, blank the parts of the image using the eraser, save the modified image as a pdf, and finally merge this page back with the rest of the pdf document (for instance using pdftk).
Thx, i added it as you suggested.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #311
por
Groupie

I added also another thing:

When merging drawings onto a PDF the smoothing algorithm is a bit too aggressive, i think, and some parts of letters disappear sometimes..

For examble, if you manage to draw a perfect straight horizontal or vertical line, it would always be missing after the merging (this is a simple test, you only need a steady hand, i personally used "shape 2" for the thickness)

Last edited by por; 03-18-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #312
stex27
stex27 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Even i had a lot of doubt, finally I just moved from the original 1.6 to 1.7RC
Really it seams a new e-book reader: amazing!
I hope very soon will be released the 1.7 final version.
well done booxtor!
stex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #313
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Every time one of you posts something here I open the thread to see if your post isn't in fact a reply to Booxtor announce that the 1.7 finale is here.
I also can't wait to see the new release.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #314
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
I just launched the update to 1.7rc on my brand new M90 (from 1.6.n) after over 20 mins I'm still watching at the startup screen (the one with 2 books and the e-reader) with the progress bar at the bottom full (just like it's finished) and the power blu led flashing.
I tryied the power button (even holding it for some secs) but with no luck. The device is "frozen". Any hints? Should I try to reset

PS. Thanks Booxtor for the fast shipping in Italy and the wonderful cover!

Last edited by Koda; 03-19-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #315
stex27
stex27 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
M90??? the firmware is for m92. This is big mistake, i don't know if is recoverable...
stex27 is offline   Reply With Quote