Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
not able to add fonts

i know that a thread has been posted a while ago about putting other fonts into the 'fonts'-folder on the cybook. whenever i try to do that access to the folder is denied. i tried to remove the security on it but it doesn't seem to work. didn't know it was locked anyway. deleting it completely shows the same message ...

does anybody know what to do. it's my first 'problem' ever with the cybook. i do feel very lucky compared to problems others have with the cybook. if it means the courier and verana are the only fonts i can use well i can live with that. knowing that adding other fonts is a possibility ...
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
It could be that the filesystem on the Cybook is corrupted, and so mounted read-only by its operating system. In that case you need to repair the filesystem (different ways, depending on which operating system you have on computer you connect the Cybook to).

It can also be that you mean the SD card, and its write protected in mechanical way (check the switch on the card).
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
julia
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
It could be that the filesystem on the Cybook is corrupted, and so mounted read-only by its operating system. In that case you need to repair the filesystem (different ways, depending on which operating system you have on computer you connect the Cybook to).

It can also be that you mean the SD card, and its write protected in mechanical way (check the switch on the card).
it's not the sd card. it only has books on it and the switch is off.
can you tell me how to repair the filessystem. i'm using a mac.
i can use a friends windows xp computer if there's no other way.

or is there a thread somewhere.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The easiest solution, if you don't mind reloading any books that you have in internal memory, is to reflash with the "796fmt" reflasher, a link to which is here.

This will completely re-create the internal disk partition and fix any errors.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #5
julia
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The easiest solution, if you don't mind reloading any books that you have in internal memory, is to reflash with the "796fmt" reflasher, a link to which is here.

i'll give it a try. i don't have any books on my internal memory.
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
On a Mac, you can connect Cybook to it, until both SD card filesystem and internal filesystem show up on Mac's list of filesystems in Finder (if you're not sure which one is an internal one, you can just connect Cybook to Mac with SD card not it), and then run Disk Utility application from Applications/Utilities folder. In it, select the internal Cybook filesystem and click Verify Disk button or Repair Disk button.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #7
julia
Connoisseur

Quote:

i just did that and checked the internal memory. now the font folder is missing i created my own font folder but that didn't show up in the font family when i wanted to change the font.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The folder name is case sensitive. It must be called "Fonts" with a capital "F".
Old 09-27-2008, 09:39 AM   #9
julia
Connoisseur

Quote:
The folder name is case sensitive. It must be called "Fonts" with a capital "F".
it works!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

My pleasure .