Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Look Inside missing but Sample present

Look Inside missing but Sample present

A couple of very recent pubs show this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X41KL3F/

Pam Uphoff

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X9BGLB6/

Sharon Lee and Steve Miller

Note that this isn't the error whereby a server fails to serve Look Inside but one where the web page doesn't mention it which I thought was not a selectable publish option when there was a sample.

Anybody throw light ?
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:37 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Could they be fixed format books?

There have been grumblings on the KDP forums about missing Look Insides. You might check there.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #3
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Could they be fixed format books?

There have been grumblings on the KDP forums about missing Look Insides. You might check there.
No, normal ebooks just like others from the same author(s)

And now I see that Look Inside has magically appeared for one (6 days)

https://www.amazon.com/Trouble-Parad...dp/B06X41KL3F/

But not yet (4 days) for

https://www.amazon.com/Change-Manage...dp/B06X9BGLB6/

Which is what KDP posts from 2015 said could happen.

Weird.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:57 AM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yes, it is weird. The past few weeks have been the first time I have ever seen this. It hasn't happened to me, because I haven't published in recent weeks, but plenty of people have complained about it.

Then yesterday, about noontime New York time, all Look Insides disappeared on Amazon.com, not only for my books but for the best-sellers as well. It had cleared up by four o'clock. I understand there was a major hit on Amazon and on Apple as well, though I have no evidence of the latter because I avoid the Apple website whenever I can.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
I just tried Look Inside (9:30 am - EST) and it's not working - is it me or is the Amazon feature down?
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #6
Little.Egret
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
No, normal ebooks just like others from the same author(s)

And now I see that Look Inside has magically appeared for one (6 days)

https://www.amazon.com/Trouble-Parad...dp/B06X41KL3F/

But not yet (4 days) for

https://www.amazon.com/Change-Manage...dp/B06X9BGLB6/

Which is what KDP posts from 2015 said could happen.

Weird.
And finally there is a Look Inside for Change Management (7 days).