Still running, but I've had problems (see below) 1 3.03%
Removed because I did not like it 5 15.15%
Removed because I had problems (see below) 2 6.06%
Removed because I suspect it caused problems (see below) 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Go Launcher Ex

Hoping to get a feel for how this launcher is working for people...
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I didn't remove it but I had to get Amazon to replace my Fire due to after the last firmware upgrade my Fire suddenly would not let me past the logo screen. I had Go! on there but after googling I've seen others who had similar issues on other devices and on the Fire who installed it so I wont take another chance with it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It is no longer on the amazon store last I checked so that may sway some people to steer clear.

I'll clarify my vote I just made.

I had the version from amazon install about a week after I bought the Fire. It continued to work after the amazon 6.2.1 update and 6.2.2 update. BUT I wanted the latest version so I uninstalled it and got the new version from one of the other app stores.

Still working fine and I have installed the Classic Theme for Go Launcher and really like it. (Thank you, Blossom).

AND I clean the carousel every day after I know I will not be using the KF, I turn off wifi and shut down completely afterwards.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I had it, but I ultimately removed it. I liked it, but for whatever reason, I prefer my Fire to be un-Go-Launched.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
I had it, but removed it. Seemed like it just added complication without actually giving me much in return. I actually think the standard Amazon UI overlay is more functional on this particular device than a conventional Android launcher.
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
It is no longer on the amazon store last I checked so that may sway some people to steer clear.

.....snip
Go Launcher Ex is still at the Amazon app store, it just says it's incompatible with the Kindle Fire though. I believe I had to get the app at 1mobile.com because of that.
Some features don't work, like create shortcut and create folder for the desktops, so they may say it is incompatible because of that, not that it breaks the device or anything.
I really like being able to use the device as a workhorse with apps organized on 5 different pages (or more) with the Launcher. I am a little leery of it though...have my fingers crossed.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use Go Launcher on my Archos 43 tablet, but it's not on my wife's Kindle Fire.

I am not very happy with Go Launcher, but it's the only launcher I could find which lets you categorize apps. What I really want on my device is something plain and simple, but category-based, like Palm's launcher.

There aren't apps on my wife's Fire, though, to justify Go Launcher. But on my Archos, I've got over 100 apps, and I need it.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The launcher I use for organization is Circle Launcher that stands on top of Go Launcher. I wrote about it in the must have application thread. It isn't essential per se but very nice esspecially on small tablets for neatness and organization. I'm not sure how many apps when can place in each circle launcher but it is working out quite nicely for me. I don't think it is in the amazon store but easily found in one of the alternates.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:04 AM   #9
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
The launcher I use for organization is Circle Launcher that stands on top of Go Launcher. I wrote about it in the must have application thread. It isn't essential per se but very nice esspecially on small tablets for neatness and organization. I'm not sure how many apps when can place in each circle launcher but it is working out quite nicely for me. I don't think it is in the amazon store but easily found in one of the alternates.
I use circlelauncher also. I emailed the developer and he said he would send me the upgrade since there is no way to upgrade it on the KF, but have not heard back from him yet.

EDIT: The developer emailed to me the full Circle Launcher app optimized for the Kindle Fire and a very nice icon package also. It's great. I've asked him to try to make it available somewhere for us to purchase. He says he's overseas and can't go through Amazon because they don't allow any apps from overseas.

Last edited by Hope; 02-03-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
I use circlelauncher also. I emailed the developer and he said he would send me the upgrade since there is no way to upgrade it on the KF, but have not heard back from him yet.
I should categorize CL properly. It is not a launcher per se like Go but will launch whatever you place in it.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Here is another one that is not a launcher per se but has many features and will surprise you. I haven't seen it mentioned here yet but it's worth a look-see. Do not let the word demo fool you.

Take a look and read the reviews. It's great.

It's called Gotoapp demo and it's at Amazon

There's more info on this app here.

http://fireapps.blogspot.com/2012/02...usel-with.html

Last edited by 74Cuda; 02-03-2012 at 05:29 PM.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
Hope
Zealot

@74Cuda: Nice find!

I'm now torn between using Gotoapp or CircleLauncher or a search for apps search box widget...so I'm trying out all three.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Hope. I used Go Launcher for quite a while with no problems but after reading of others problems I looked for an alternative. This seems to fit the bill nicely. Everything seems to work smoothly and it's easy to configure. I'll be looking forward to future updates.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #14
Hope
Zealot

@74Cuda: I'm still using Go Launcher Ex. I like it too much to get rid of it, but I have copied all files (that are accessible) to my PC just in case I have a crash.
I think VERY FEW people have had problems with the Kindle Fire and Go Launcher EX and probably the problems they had were not related to Go Launcher EX.
I use the Rotating Wallpaper app too so I'm a real risk-taker. (fingers crossed)
Old 02-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules

Hope I agree about Go Launcher itself not likely to be the problem but I don't know for sure. My personal opinion is that the Rotating Wallpaper has more to do with it than anything else. I do know that my Fire does perform better without the Launcher. That's just a fact and that surprised me, so I think I'll live without it. Best of luck to you and the others who are still not having problems.