Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Has anyone bought asus eee note ea800?

How good is the pen performs comparing to real pen&paper?

Is its screeen too small for taking serious notes in science classes?

Thanks
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Yes, I have it.

You'll find lots of people (including owners) discussing it here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus-eee-line/

I've also written posts about it here. The summary is it's quite good, in good lighting, as a replacement for a spiral bound notebook. (Remembering that you can't "do" anything with the notes you take on paper, other than scan them to get graphic images.)

This does more than that, has great send to Evernote capabilities for archival. The "instant on" and few days of battery life mean that it's ready to go, very easy to grab in a moment's notice and jot down notes from a phone call etc.

Most people seem to feel that the screen is not THAT much smaller than a sheet of paper, so it's not really a complaint for most. The writing is very responsive (being LCD and not e-ink) and most owners are very pleased with it.

That being said, most people who bothered to get their hands on one were people who knew its limitations and exactly what it could/couldn't do before purchasing. (It has to be imported, so it's not an impulse purchase for a mass market crowd.) If you really are looking for an alternative to a paper notebook, I think it's amazing. If you really want a tablet PC or multimedia tablet, you might be disappointed.

I notice you have the M90, which is one of the few similar devices out there. I don't have any hands-on experience with the M90, but my overall impression is that the M90 is an e-reader that can write. The Eee Note is an e-writer that can read.

Hope that helps.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Thank you for ur reply.

M90 is merely a reader, the writing function isn't anything useful.

I am currently looking for a replacement for paper, as most of my homework requires lots of insertions, modifications and rearrangement (science ,science ) which is actually very painful over paper...
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote