Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Question Regexp help - I think...

I'm working in fixing some epubs and have discovered that on some of them, on every page there is over 50 KB of inline style font definitions like this:

Quote:
@font-face {
font-family: Meiryo;
panose-1: 2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;
mso-font-charset: 128;
mso-generic-font-family: swiss;
mso-font-pitch: variable;
mso-font-signature: -536870145 1791492095 18 0 131081 0
}
I'd like to remove everything inside the style tags during a conversion. I don't know if I could use a regexp in Search & Replace for this or even a built-in feature in calibre or any plugin.

So far, I've been exploding the epubs and manualy removing all these font definitions with UltraEdit but it would be really great if I could do it at the time of conversion.

Many thanks
PF
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
If it's part of the HTML itself search and replace will work. Search and replace however does not run over .css files. You could try:
Code:
(?mu)<style>.+</style>
as the search code. This should remove every style tag inline in the HTML.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
If it's part of the HTML itself search and replace will work. Search and replace however does not run over .css files. You could try:
Code:
(?mu)<style>.+</style>
as the search code. This should remove every style tag inline in the HTML.
Many thanks user_none.

Yes. It's inline style in the html, xhtml documents.

I've tried putting
Code:
(?mu)<style>.+</style>
in the First Expression in Search Regular Expression and Replacement Text, blank, but I end with all the font declarations in this format:

Quote:
@font-face {
font-family: DotumChe
}
It looks like the calibre conversion already strips many of the font attributes, but not the font declarations.

I also tried
Code:
(?mu)<style.+</style>
Note the missing closing tag in the first style occurrence, as in the html files it's declared as
Code:
<style type="text/css">
but same results.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i remove that stuff with the find replace feature in Sigil. just paste the whole chunk into the find box & replace with nothing. works fine, even across multiple line breaks.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:27 AM   #5
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i remove that stuff with the find replace feature in Sigil. just paste the whole chunk into the find box & replace with nothing. works fine, even across multiple line breaks.
Thanks, cybmole.

I guess I'll have to do that.
Advert