Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Help with Search - Floating Point Number

Hi:

I am trying to create a saved search based on a floating point number custom column. I tried #price:false and #price:<0 but neither choice gives me the results I am looking for. How do I do a search on this type of column in order to get the books that do not have any data in this field??

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Have you tried combinations like:
not #price:true, not #price:>.01
(I had a similar issue with Tri-state, where I wanted to find both blank and false. chaley put me right )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just tried them both and both gives me the ones with no price plus all the ones with a price of zero.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I just tried them both and both gives me the ones with no price plus all the ones with a price of zero.
I don't use that kind of field, so I don't have a test bed to try ideas on

There are additional terms to use with a (Not) search:
you could try with a 0 value instead of the penny I chose

BTW If you sort the #price column, doesn't the blanks float to one end and the 0's to the other?
Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
I'd break it into pieces. Does
#price:"=0"
find all the zero price entries?
(or perhaps it should be #price:"=0.0")

If so, adding a not should remove them.
not #price:"=0"

Does
#price:false
give you empty only?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I'd break it into pieces. Does
#price:"=0"
find all the zero price entries?
gives me all the zeroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Does
#price:false
give you empty only?
gives me the empties and the zeroes

But I am able to use #price:"<.1" and not #price:"=0" in the search box but when I try to save it as a saved search, it doesn't give me any results. I think there is something going on with saved searches because I've had other problems with them in the last couple of releases, but I have been too lazy to research what is causing the problems.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
gives me all the zeroes

But I am able to use #price:"<.1" and not #price:"=0" in the search box but when I try to save it as a saved search, it doesn't give me any results. I think there is something going on with saved searches because I've had other problems with them in the last couple of releases, but I have been too lazy to research what is causing the problems.
Are you giving them a simple Text (no symbols) name? eg: NoPrice
Old 04-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Are you giving them a simple Text (no symbols) name? eg: NoPrice
Yes the name is Edit.Fix Price.

Do you think the space is causing a problem, I have a few of them that I have a space in??
Old 04-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Yes the name is Edit.Fix Price.

Do you think the space is causing a problem, I have a few of them that I have a space in??
No real clue
The 'period' would be my guess
Old 04-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
No real clue
The 'period' would be my guess
I hope not, because I need that period to use the hierarchies. I will research it to determine what steps I am taking and what problems arise to see if there are any tickets out there. But this problem first...
Old 04-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I hope not, because I need that period to use the hierarchies. I will research it to determine what steps I am taking and what problems arise to see if there are any tickets out there. But this problem first...
You mis-understood.
A period in the NAME of a filter or saved Search
Old 04-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #12
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
You mis-understood.
A period in the NAME of a filter or saved Search
That's what I mean, the name of my saved search is Edit.Fix Price, with this naming convention it puts the saved search in a sub-category of Edit. My lookup name is price and my column name is Price. Are we talking about the same thing??
Old 04-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I think one of the Dev's needs to step up to this plate
Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #14
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:

But I am able to use #price:"<.1" and not #price:"=0" in the search box
I set up a floating point field, and like you #price:"=0.0" gave both empties and the zeroes. So
Code:
not #price:"=0.0"
gave me everything that had an entry. I assume that's what you wanted, so your problem lies in the saved search.

I'd suspect the combo of a space and a hierarchical period as causing your problem. Have you tried simply saving without a space in the name?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Since it has a space, try using quotes around it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote