Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #22441
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Nope. My family is coming for Christmas and has been given notice that they are part of the baby proofing crew. The two eldest have kids and will have a better idea about what trouble Lucas will get himself into.

Pu-erh Seven Sons in my cup. I love having my kettle at work.
Doesn't matter. It will not work.

My son was mobile pretty young I think, like 8-10 months range he was standing and moving around. Well we put fences and gates up everywhere. Not only for him, but we also had an over active 65 pound dog. Well, I would not have believed it possible, but I saw it with my own eyes. The two of them WORKED TOGETHER to get through the baby/dog proofing. As a team they were nigh unbeatable LOL!!!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #22442
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Time flies... Have you baby-proofed the house yet? I baby-proofed mine early, but one still managed to get in.

Stitchawl
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #22443
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Doesn't matter. It will not work.

My son was mobile pretty young I think, like 8-10 months range he was standing and moving around. Well we put fences and gates up everywhere. Not only for him, but we also had an over active 65 pound dog. Well, I would not have believed it possible, but I saw it with my own eyes. The two of them WORKED TOGETHER to get through the baby/dog proofing. As a team they were nigh unbeatable LOL!!!
heheh I am fully counting on failing at child proofing but we can make our best effort. Little dude is almost crawling and is very curious.

We do have a few things going for us. Caya can jump the gates, we use one to keep the dogs in the hallway when we need to, but learned quickly not to. A few trips to the crate after she made the jump broke her of that habit. Cooper can jump the gate but he is either a wuss and won't do it or is too stupid to realize that he can. He will not jump up on the bed, we have to put something next to the bed if we want him up even though he can. After 20 minutes of whining he will finally make the jump but looks panicked.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #22444
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I remember Grandpa telling me that I was born as the
sun was comin' up early in the morn.
Told me I was born early in the morn.

When you lift your eyes and see the sun a-risin' on
the far horizon early in the mornin'.

It was early in the day when I set out to roam.
Kissed my love and went
to seek my fortune far from home.
I set out to roam far away from home.

When you lift your eyes and see the sun a-risin' on
the far horizon early in the mornin'.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRoWjhlxlp0 )

Good morning, all! Early, early start today. 7 o' the clock, 6° (temp not separation) and breakfast beside me. Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea and a bowl of Doria, but a lower calorie one left over from dinner last night. Mostly an Italian tomato sauce with just a bit of sausage for flavor, and a little bit of melted Mozzarella on top of rice. Maybe 400 calories all together. Then it's off to roam the neighborhood for an hour or two. I've been walking the 'wrong' way down one-way streets, and seeing sights I usually can't see when driving. There are some really beautiful gardens around some of the houses around here. It's really not a stretch to say the the Japanese know how to lay out a spectacular garden in just a few square feet of space. No lawn or grass to cut either, but the tree and bush plantings, interspersed with large rocks or white gravel are wonderful.

Today is the day for my Senior Citizen students to try out their vocal cords on English Christmas carols. Karoke in the Klassroom. By the way... that's "Cara-Oh-keh," not carry-O-key.
I wonder if I should teach them some Chanukah songs? That starts this Saturday night.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 12-05-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #22445
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Where's everybody gone? I'm trying out a dandelion coffee with ginger and cardamon, can't really taste anything. I'll try another method of making it tomorrow and see how that goes, otherwise I'll give it to the friend who recommended it.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #22446
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pu Erh, green Baei Beeng Moon Light tea cake. Yummy
Old 12-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #22447
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Mello Yello!
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #22448
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hazelnut coffee in my cup and not liking it as well as the sumatra.

Good Morning!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #22449
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ByBaeV1FM )

Good morning, everyone! It appears the Mayans were wrong. It's the 8th and the world didn't end yesterday. In fact, it got better! This morning my scale read 84.7! I hate to admit it, but hard work really does pay off.

There is "English Breakfast" tea from Ahmad in my cup, and a bowl of rice with slices of grilled chicken to start my day. My cold day. What the heck is happening with this year's weather? It's 5° outside, and has been cold all week. We shouldn't get temps like this until the middle of January!

Last night my wife asked me what I'd like for my birthday. I realized that with the exception of a pony and a submarine, there really isn't anything that can be bought in stores that I have any wish for. Does this mean I'm getting old? Or just satisfied...

Stitchawl
Old 12-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #22450
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Cranberry juice in my cup.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #22451
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Guinness Holiday Ale! Very smooth!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #22452
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
<snip>
Last night my wife asked me what I'd like for my birthday. I realized that with the exception of a pony and a submarine, there really isn't anything that can be bought in stores that I have any wish for. Does this mean I'm getting old? Or just satisfied...

Stitchawl
Never old, just satisfied. I find I am wanting practical things now. New rain gutters in the back, an electrician to run the wire to raise my pond outlet and fix my electrical socket, new carpet..... boring, I know, but exciting for me.

Dulce Cinnamon Latte in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #22453
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Satisfied.

Wish me luck, we are starting sleep training for Lucas. First sleep took about 40 minutes but he was falling asleep while eating his bottle so he was tired. The real test will be my resolve at 2-4 AM

And the Hubby bought a guitar. Christmas is three weeks away and he bought a guitar. He has yet to send me a list.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #22454
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Wish me luck, we are starting sleep training for Lucas.
Hypnosis?

Quote:
And the Hubby bought a guitar. Christmas is three weeks away and he bought a guitar.
TELL US ABOUT THE GUITAR!!!!!!!! What brand? What model? Acoustic? Electric? Acoustic-Electric? What gauge strings will he use? What brand? Does he finger-pick or just flatpick?

I used to put my son to sleep playing guitar each night. (Unfortunately, I did the same to audiences in clubs...) He's now practicing the same songs as he'll be a new dad in a few months and figures playing Heavy Metal just isn't going to work for the baby.

Stitchawl
Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #22455
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Yamaha of some sort. Acostic. He has never played before. His first attempt scared the dogs

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?