Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #22426
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
How about turning up the heat?

Pretty cats
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #22427
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
How about turning up the heat?

Pretty cats
Thanks.
21,5 degrees is the temperature of my radiator.
I have my merino wool undershirts on.
It is the first time ever that I liked the hothouse temperature of my mother-in-laws apartment (95 years).
I'm thinking of emigrating to the Orient.

In my cup: hot green Rooibos+mint
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #22428
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On my way to Abu Simbel I see several trucks going from Nubia, through the Nubian desert, to Egypt, for the large camel market in Bisqar. Those camel heads, bobbing above the railing of an old German beer truck; very funny.

Abu Simbel: The great temple of Rameses II, built between 1274-1244 B.C.
20 meters high and relocated in 1960-1980 to save it from the rising water of the Nile (the dams).

In my cup: hot coffee

Last edited by desertblues; 01-21-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #22429
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
And cats everywhere in Egypt; all sizes, all colors. They are tolerated from old. There used to be a cat goddess Bastet in ancient Egypt, where the cat is one of the first domesticated animals and becomes a symbol of grace. It controls vermin and can even kill cobras.

(I think I spotted a Savanah-cat, like the one KK has?)

In my cup: cold coffee
Wearing 3 sweaters, as this temperature drop from 38 to 0 degrees is just too much for me.
numbers 6 and 7 look very similar to my Arwen cat except she is spotted instead of striped
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arwen1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	97266   Click image for larger version

Name:	arwen2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	97267   Click image for larger version

Name:	arwen3.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	97268   Click image for larger version

Name:	arwen4.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	97269   Click image for larger version

Name:	arwen5.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	97270  
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #22430
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
numbers 6 and 7 look very similar to my Arwen cat except she is spotted instead of striped
Yes, and they have long necks those cats. I was a bit surprised to see it 'in the wild' in the old bazaar of Cairo.

edit: beautiful color, your Arwen.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #22431
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I figured those particular cats were crosses with a zebra, they were so leggy!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #22432
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #22433
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Love the photos desertblues. Thank you.

Just getting ready to make another cup of coffee for my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #22434
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYTnzNeTWmE )

Good morning, everyone!

Quote:
It is the first time ever that I liked the hothouse temperature of my mother-in-laws apartment (95 years).
I'm thinking of emigrating to the Orient.
Might not help so much... 4° here right now! I'm afraid to take a shower! Thank goodness my tea is hot! Good "Assam" tea from the East India Company, a bowl of miso soup and a half a chicken breast for breakfast! I really should have more 'cuz I'm celebrating today. I finally cracked the 86kg mark! The scale read 85.4kg this morning! Yippee! Lightest I've been since before Grad School!

Quote:
On my way to Abu Simbel I see several trucks going from Nubia, through the Nubian desert, to Egypt, for the large camel market in Bisqar.
Trucks! I want to see Tuareg Warriors riding Arabian stallions, each of them looking like Sean Connery, galloping across desert sands!

Quote:
Abu Simbel: The great temple of Rameses II, built between 1274-1244 B.C.
20 meters high and relocated in 1960-1980 to save it from the rising water of the Nile (the dams).
Can you imagine what this area must have looked like to the anthropologists of the early 1900's... I remember when the were building the Aswan Dam, and thinking about all the history being lost under rising waters... They only moved a few of the more major things they KNEW about!
You pictures really make me want to visit that area, and that's saying something because I really don't like deserts!!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #22435
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Go in November/December. The weather is great.

Skim milk in my cup
Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #22436
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
The scale read 85.4kg this morning! Yippee! Lightest I've been since before Grad School!
Congratulations, Stitchawl !!

Home again, home again, and so cold that I am making tomato soup for my cup (and no I am not adding a package of crackers this time Stitchawl).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #22437
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Chores done, getting ready to polish my guitar, and drinking a mug of Keemun tea.

Quote:
Go in November/December. The weather is great.
But can you see Tuareg Warriors riding Arabian stallions, each of them looking like Sean Connery, galloping across desert sands in November/December?

Some things are just too important to miss!

Stitchawl
Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #22438
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Nope you cannot. But you won't see that at any other time and Egypt really is wonderful. Hopefully things settle down there and Democracy prevails. I had my doubts when everything kicked off. I fear the people are going to be disappointed.

Lucas ate at 7 pm and slept all the way to 3 am. We are so close. Solids seem to be helping. I can't believe he is preparing to crawl.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #22439
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Lucas ate at 7 pm and slept all the way to 3 am. We are so close. Solids seem to be helping. I can't believe he is preparing to crawl.
Time flies... Have you baby-proofed the house yet? I baby-proofed mine early, but one still managed to get in.

Stitchawl
Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #22440
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Nope. My family is coming for Christmas and has been given notice that they are part of the baby proofing crew. The two eldest have kids and will have a better idea about what trouble Lucas will get himself into.

Pu-erh Seven Sons in my cup. I love having my kettle at work.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?