Notices

Old 04-12-2019, 06:38 AM   #1
mocmeo1998
Banned
mocmeo1998 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Top 3 iPad worth using in 2019

1. iPad Air 2

iPad Air 2 has a 9.7-inch screen, high resolution of 2048 × 1536 pixels, possesses anti-glare technology, reduces glare by 56% compared to normal when used in sunny conditions. Despite the monolithic aluminum metal casing, Air 2 is quite light at only 444g and is one of the thinnest iPad series today.

iPad Air 2
IPad Air 2 performance, although not as strong as the iPad Pro generation, is not weak either. iPad Air 2 owns 3-core Apple A8X chip and 2GB of RAM, so the speed of processing tasks and switching between applications is quite fast and smooth.

If you need to use both in work and entertainment, then iPad Air 2 deserves the first choice. Besides the convenience, thin and light design, good performance, Air 2 also has a quite comfortable price and is suitable for the income of most common users today.

2. iPad Mini 2

iPad Mini 2 is the second generation of the iPad Mini series. The outstanding feature of iPad Mini 2 is its compact design, small screen, suitable for users who are mobile, traveling.
Screen iPad Mini 2 has a small 7.9-inch screen with 2048 × 1536 pixel resolution similar to iPad Air 2 and LED-backlit screen, IPS technology for wide viewing angle and clearer display. iPad Mini 2 has good performance, it owns Apple A7 chip and 1GB of RAM. With this configuration, the machine can handle daily usage tasks such as working, watching movies, reading newspapers, surfing the web. With 6470mAh battery, iPad Mini 2 can surf the web with Wifi continuously for more than 10 hours, even the charging time is shortened, so that the device is always ready to operate.

The disadvantage of Mini 2 compared to the new generation iPad is not equipped with fingerprint security. However, from my personal point of view, this point is not really important when security by number, pin code is still very safe and popular, besides, the price of iPad Mini 2 is also better than that a lot of.

3. iPad Pro 9.7

In the top 3 products worth buying, iPad Pro 9.7 is the most powerful product. Compared to previous generations of iPad, Apple iPad Pro has been significantly upgraded both in design and performance.

iPad Pro is the best old tablet on this list
iPad Pro 9.7

In terms of overall design, the iPad Pro 9.7 still has a rugged high-end aluminum shell, the front is covered with a glass layer, the Home key incorporates a fingerprint sensor, a thin and light machine. However, with the iPad Pro 9.7, Apple has equipped up to 4 external speakers for an extremely high quality audio experience, along with the ability to connect an external keyboard to the device. Similar to the iPad Air 2, the iPad Pro has 9.7-inch Retina screen with a resolution of 1536 x 2048 pixels.

As mentioned above, the iPad Pro 9.7 has a very powerful performance, a 2.26 Ghz A9X 64bit speed processor that provides double memory, data storage and processing speed more than 1 , 8 times the A8X chip on the iPad Air 2, along with 2GB of RAM. iPad Pro 9.7 has a minimum storage capacity of 32GB. In addition, iPad Pro 9.7 has some new features like Slide Over, Split View, ...

With iPad Pro 9.7, you will be fully supported in both work and entertainment.
mocmeo1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
You do know that there have been two generations of iPad mini's after the iPad mini 2? the iPad mini 5 is a whole lot faster.

Personally, I prefer the bigger iPad Pro myself, but to each his or her own.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #3
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
It seemed fairly obvious the OP knows those are older iPads and was trying to say they were the best bargains. Sometimes an older item can be a great bargain. For those who cannot, or don't want to, spend the ridiculous amounts of cash for the latest iPads, some of the older models can indeed be bargains. I'm not sure if I would rank them the same as the OP, but I recently sold my iPad mini 2 and was very happy with it as long as the apps I ran didn't require a more current amount of computing power. I still love my iPad Pro 9.7" and quite frankly cannot justify trading up to a newer model yet. Eventually it too will lack enough computing power to get my tasks performed, but not yet. I would love an iPad mini 5, but I just don't have the extra funds yet, nor really need it, and I'm not willing to trade my iPad Pro 9.7" for one. If given the choice between the newest iPad Air for $500 or an iPad Pro 9.7" for perhaps $300 or less used, I would recommend the iPad Pro 9.7". If money is no object, then buy the latest greatest if that's what you want, but a lot of people will not have that option.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
One can often find brand new 9.7" 2018 iPad 6th gen for $250. That's one of the best deals one can find on an iPad.

The iPad mini 2 with A7 and 1GB RAM is just poor value in 2019. It'll be slow running current apps and chances are Apple will drop firmware updates for it soon. I'm all for saving money if you can but if even the iPad 6th gen costs too much, then a used iPad 5th gen is still better value and offers much better performance than the Mini 2.

Honestly, the first post looks like a bot preparing to spam the forums by reusing contents of an old article. That looks more like something one would write back in 2016 rather than 2019.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 04-12-2019 at 12:17 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #5
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
One can often find brand new 9.7" 2018 iPad 6th gen for $250. That's one of the best deals one can find on an iPad.

The iPad mini 2 with A7 and 1GB RAM is just poor value in 2019. It'll be slow running current apps and chances are Apple will drop firmware updates for it soon. I'm all for saving money if you can but if even the iPad 6th gen costs too much, then a used iPad 5th gen is still better value and offers much better performance than the Mini 2.

Honestly, the first post looks like a bot preparing to spam the forums by reusing contents of an old article. That looks more like something one would write back in 2016 rather than 2019.
One should try to see through others's eyes though. For example, if someone merely wants a terrific ebook reading iPad and won't use it for much else except perhaps web surfing, then the iPad mini 2 at around $100 or less is a heck of a bargain. For reading and web surfing you won't find a better screen. True the modern iPads have Display P3 screens, but that extra color space is overkill for reading ebooks. So it all depends on what tasks for which a person will use the iPad.

Personally I think trying to rate iPads or any other thing is ridiculous and impossible because no two people will ever have the same needs, wants, restrictions, et cetera.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
One should try to see through others's eyes though. For example, if someone merely wants a terrific ebook reading iPad and won't use it for much else except perhaps web surfing, then the iPad mini 2 at around $100 or less is a heck of a bargain. For reading and web surfing you won't find a better screen. True the modern iPads have Display P3 screens, but that extra color space is overkill for reading ebooks. So it all depends on what tasks for which a person will use the iPad.

Personally I think trying to rate iPads or any other thing is ridiculous and impossible because no two people will ever have the same needs, wants, restrictions, et cetera.
Yep, it all depends on what you are trying to do with the device. If syncing between devices wasn't so important to me, I might just use my kindle or Kobo rather than an iPad mini. If library management wasn't so important, then I might use the Kindle app or Books app rather than CC and Marvin.

I do think that dropping support for a device is a fairly significant issue, but I suppose that some may not feel the same way. Whatever works for you is the right choice in the long run.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:22 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post

That's the thing though. OP's #1 suggestion is an iPad Air 2 but that's not really much (if it even is) cheaper than iPad 5th gen or 6th gen (brand new or used). Heck, you can find a new 6th gen cheaper than a used Pro 9.7 in good condition.

My primary iPad is a Pro 9.7 and I'm still very happy with its performance (granted, battery is definitely showing signs of wear). However, if one is buying today, I wouldn't recommend the Pro 9.7 unless someone finds a killer deal (like $200?). There are better options for the same price nowadays.

Quite honestly, the reason this sent my spidey senses tingling is because I remember reading a very similar article as the OP on a review site back in 2016 when I bought my Pro 9.7. Iirc, pricing at the time was so the recommendations definitely made more sense then:
  • $399 Air 2
  • $199-249 Mini 2 (not exactly sure but it's within that range)
  • $599 Pro 9.7
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:23 AM   #8
hollowpoint
Groupie
hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini, Kindle PW5, Libra 2
I don't have a sense of the inherent value in the older devices--but understand being attached to an older device that has performed well. I've seen a few articles by tech writers suggesting that the current best value is the traditional 9.7 Ipad 2018. For me, performance with today's apps was a consideration along with size, so the 2019 Mini was appealing because it's smaller and faster than the current 9.7 Ipad.
hollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:49 PM   #9
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
If you’re not rushed, keep your eyes open for much better prices. I bought a returned-to-stock 10.5” Pro at Target for $450 with as-new warranty and packed as-new (e.g. perfectly mounted shipping screen protector and accessories, making me believe this was processed by Apple) and works great for a year or so now. I have seen this same price a few times at Target since but it is impossible to predict.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote