Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old Today, 07:37 PM   #76
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2; Kobo Aura One; iPad Pro 9.7
Sounds like a good thesis - the evolution of vampires in literature. I thought this article was interesting.
https://the-artifice.com/vampires-in-literature-themes/

For very recent books, there is the Clairmont family of vampires in Deborah Harkness's All Souls Trilogy. When Silas mentioned there were dark things in his past, it was the vampire Matthew Clairmont from this series that popped into my mind. Obviously this series was written after The Graveyard Book but as mentioned it's a recurring theme in literature. The television series adaptation of the first book, A Discovery of Witches, is currently showing on AMC and BBC America. It has a great cast of well-known actors. I watched it earlier this year on Sundance NOW.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote