Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-19-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
Eyex97
Eyex97 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
THE BEST Onyx Boox Screen!

Hi all! I would like to know which Onyx Boox Note device has the best screen? I’m thinking about the Boox Note and the Note Pro. Does anybody here has the two devices and is able to compare them? Which one has a whiter screen and better contrast?
Eyex97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
E_inkFuture
E_inkFuture began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
The ebook reader did a comparison video, here: https://youtu.be/ixIXRj3mqE8

basically note pro is better, it’s flush, has a built-in light, and less glare. Original might be better for note taking feel (but can scratch).
E_inkFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #3
Eyex97
Eyex97 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Does anybody have a first hand experience on this forum comparing the two devices?
Eyex97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:27 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
I have both the Note and the Note Pro. I don't notice much of a difference between the two screens. There is a screen protector on the Note. None on the Note Pro.

My wife didn't notice much of a difference either.

Compared them using the NeoReader app. Same book. Same page, font size, spacing etc...

I took the pictures of the two devices side by side, and then switched their places and retook the pictures so that any difference would not be due to the proximity to the light source (taken indoors with natural lighting on a cloudy day).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pro on Left.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	171568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pro on Left Closeup.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	171569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pro on Right.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	171570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pro on Right Closeup.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	171571  

Last edited by Question Mark; 05-22-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:24 AM   #5
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I have both the Note and the Note Pro. I don't notice much of a difference between the two screens. There is a screen protector on the Note. None on the Note Pro.

My wife didn't notice much of a difference either.

Compared them using the NeoReader app. Same book. Same page, font size, spacing etc...

I took the pictures of the two devices side by side, and then switched their places and retook the pictures so that any difference would not be due to the proximity to the light source (taken indoors with natural lighting on a cloudy day).
How about the writing feel? Does the screen feel much with the regular note over the note pro?
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #6
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboy213 View Post
How about the writing feel? Does the screen feel much with the regular note over the note pro?
I am happy using either screen for writing on. For me, the adjustment to writing on glass was no big deal.

Here is what one reviewer noted about the screen on the Note Pro and with which I concur:

Quote:
I was skeptical about the glass screen at first, having used the original Note for the past year, but actually the glass has more advantages than negatives.

First off, the contrast is actually better with the glass screen than it is on the 1st gen Note with the screen protector, as noted in this comparison review.

The rigidity of the glass also helps make the Note Pro feel more solid and durable. My main complaint about the original model was the build quality was kind of flimsy, and it was possible to damage the screen if you pressed down too hard, but that’s not an issue with the Note Pro—the glass isn’t susceptible to scratches and gouges like the original version.

The writing experience with the Wacom stylus feels a bit different with the hard glass—slicker than writing on paper, but I had already adjusted to it from reviewing the Nova Pro prior. The screen doesn’t have thick texture like the Sony DPT-CP1 to give it that papery feel, but there seems to be some kind of micro texture that interacts with the stylus tip because it has more of a scratchy feel than you’d expect from a glass screen—it feels a lot more natural than using the iPad’s stylus with the super hard plastic tip.

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...o-walkthrough/
Although I am happy to write on either screen, I actually prefer the glass screen of the Note Pro because it is flush. That makes writing near the edges much easier.

I am also no longer worried about potentially scratching the screen. Even though I had put a screen protector on my Note, I was always a little concerned that I might inadvertently scratch the screen if I pressed too hard.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:19 PM   #7
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I am happy using either screen for writing on. For me, the adjustment to writing on glass was no big deal.

Here is what one reviewer noted about the screen on the Note Pro and with which I concur:

Although I am happy to write on either screen, I actually prefer the glass screen of the Note Pro because it is flush. That makes writing near the edges much easier.

I am also no longer worried about potentially scratching the screen. Even though I had put a screen protector on my Note, I was always a little concerned that I might inadvertently scratch the screen if I pressed too hard.
Thanks for that. I actually had read it but it was good to do so again. I have an iPad Pro and dislike the feel of writing on it and just got my note pro which I like. I will use it as a new reader as well as writing tool. I like the feel but wondered how much better, if at all, the regular note was. I ordered some Remarkable nibs as people have said that helps with the feel.

Thanks for the info!
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote