Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 05:52 AM   #1
johey
johey began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Max2 Pro and M92
Transfer files from iOS

So my use case is simple. I “scan” documents to pdf files using the Notes app on iOS. Very handy for quick and dirty digitalization. Now, I’d like an on the fly way of sending this file to the Max2. Any suggestions on how?

Bluetooth would be the obvious technique to use, but Apple refuses to implement support for the standard Bluetooth file transfer protocol. Maybe there is some app to overcome this situation?

Second choice would be wifi, if there is a way to set up a private network between the phone and the Boox.

Third choice is a cabeled solution.

Last resort would be an Internet based solution like Dropbox. This is the only way I’ve got to work, but I’d be very happy for a local solution. Any ideas?
johey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:48 AM   #2
tommyer
Connoisseur
tommyer began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox i62ml; boox note
I have had the same problem. Wasn‘t able to connect iPad to Boox Note via Bluetooth. I wish there was a solution for the problem. Been thinking that I have to do factory reset with the iPad because I have read that this can be a solution for the problem (with one of the devices anyway because it doesn‘t work with my Android smartphone either).

There is an app installed on the Note called WIFI Transfer that is said to connect to other Android devices. It shows a web address and QR code. In my experience, it both led to nothing (error or unknown).

So far I use Dropbox, Dropsync, Adobe reader combined with Dropbox, Google Drive and will perhaps add Autosync for Google Drive.

Has someone may be found a solution for one of these problems? Would be happy to learn to solve them.
tommyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #3
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
I'd transfer books wirelessly (using wi-fi, not bluetooth) from iPads to my eink-readers (with web-browsers) the same way as I would to my PC.

By opening any pdf-reader or file-manager app on iPad with wi-fi transfer capability (there are hundreds of free apps e.g. foxit pfdf reader, chml+ lite or free version) and then clicking on wi-fi icon therein that will result in given current ip address of iPad e.g. XXX.XXX.X.XX:8080.

Then we have to open web-browser in eink-reader and enter given XXX.XXX.X.XX:8080 address therein.

And then to use available upload/download buttons/options.

At home I'd usually use wi-fi network of my home wireless router, and outside the house usually the network of my wireless HDD enclosure or of the wireless memory stick.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Conne...K?tag=mr060-20

Using wireless memory stick (or wifi HDD or wifi HDD enclosure) is a very good idea if our iPad is low in storage memory, because we can transfer files wirelessly from iPad to the memory stick using its iOS app and then upload it wirelessly to our eink reader using its android app.

When using my cheap wi-fi HDD enclosure (as wi-fi memory sticks it also creates its own wi-fi network) I'd rather connect it with e-ink reader over USB cable and then wirelessly transfer files from iPad to the enclosure & connected eink reader, so, e.g. in this way I can transfer files wirelessly from iPad to Kindle DX even though it lacks wi-fi capability, also without the need for PC and an existing home or public wi-fi nework.

There are ways to do it like with bluetooth or IR (infra red) i.e. without the need for an existing wi-fi network (access point), just by using wi-fi capability of android e-ink readers & iPads and specific cross-platform apps mentioned in the link below, but I have not tested them with iPads yet.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...49&postcount=3

Last edited by Marinolino; 05-18-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:26 PM   #4
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
It should be easier to use a cable connection on iOS 13.

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/ios-13/

" ...Major improvements to the Files app bring new capabilities to the iPhone and the iPad. For the first time, you can access files stored on a USB drive, SD card, SSD, hard drive, or SMB file server and there's a downloads folder in Files where you can manage all your web downloads and attachments from Safari and Mail.

Apple added a Column View to the Files app that lets you see details for your files as you browse, and there's now an option to share entire iCloud Drive folders.

..."

How to use External Storage with New iPadOS 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJCSAGPhRw4

Last edited by Marinolino; 06-14-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote